Hey.

Moog, Synthesizers.com, MOTM, Modcan, Moon and others..... Go big!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

Rex Coil 7
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Hey.

Post by Rex Coil 7 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:17 am

Hi fellas. Some new 5U users 'round these parts it seems. Great!

I'm doing ~ok~ ... the neck thing is coming along. Two oddball seizures over the previous seven weeks ... friggin VA docs have zip clue why. Almost like epileptic seizures ... shaking, intense shivering ... bah!! Bastids!! Body temp starts out at around 94f during the beginning, then after a few hours it spikes at around 103 or so. Takes about 18 hours to get back down to my normal. Takes a few days to feel like ~me~ again after it's all over. The geniuses are stumped. Maybe something to do with the re-routing of nerves they've monkeyed with.

Anyhow .... I logged on to just wish all my buddies here a very happy Thanksgiving, and Merry Christmas to everyone!!!

Here's to a bunch of new modules ... 5U of course bitches!!! :mrgreen: :hihi:

Life is a beautiful thing ... it's truly a gift. Treasure every moment. You only get one whack at it.

Best wishes to everyone .... you're all so bad ... so very bad!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Signing out for now, I'll try to stick my head back in later ... a couple of weeks perhaps. Take care y'all.

Rexy.
5U MODULAR NORMALIZING PROJECT (for your entertainment) viewtopic.php?t=78836&highlight=
.. given the choice between conformity and self respect, I choose the latter.
.. dominion - noun: control or the exercise of control . power . possessed and controlled domain . sovereignty . having dominion over the world . supreme authority . absolute ownership . power . authority . jurisdiction . control . command ... power ....... power .......... power.

ranix
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ranix » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:27 am

Be good Rex! Hope you feel better, best wishes for the holidays and Christmas. Enjoy your turkey :party:

Flareless
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Flareless » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:34 am

Best wishes for a speedy, easy recovery.
Have a great Thanksgiving and a very Merry Christmas Rex!
Rich

What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it gives forth a sound - Neil Peart

Faustgeist
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Faustgeist » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:19 am

Good to hear from you Rex. Wishing you a swift recovery and happy holidaze!

:banana: :nana: ,
~Robin
Seeking the esoteric and funky in 5U/COTK/MOTM and MODCAN B, send me a message if you are selling gear and thanks!

robotmakers
Veteran Wiggler

Post by robotmakers » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:46 am

Best wishes and holiday greetings . . .

- Roger

sduck
experimental use of gravity

Re: Hey.

Post by sduck » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:25 pm

Rex Coil 7 wrote: .... you're all so bad ... so very bad!!!!!!
I've been very naughty. :sadbanana:

Welcome back and best wishes!
flickr cloud of sound touyube NOT A MODERATOR ANYMORE

Kent
Large Member

Post by Kent » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:47 pm

Good to hear from you again. Godspeed for a quick recovery. :sb:

umma gumma
Ultra Wiggler

Post by umma gumma » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:43 pm

hey Rex!!

good to hear from you

hope things get sorted out, and have a good Thanksgiving/Xmas as well

:guinness:

Rex Coil 7
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Rex Coil 7 » Tue May 19, 2020 7:28 am

Chronological journal update:

December 2019 - My wife fell down in our garage and hit her face against a workbench. A few stitches in her upper lip, two black eyes, heavy bruising on her face. Poor girl, she really took a hard hit. Here we are May of 2020 and she's still dealing with nerve issues on her face.

January 2020 - I spent a full week in the hospital. Went in through the ER with severe back pain at midnight, finally got seen at 6am. CT scan showed 3 stones on the left kidney (two 8mm and one 6mm) and "several" stones of an undisclosed size on the right kidney. Blood work showed severe infection going on (aw shit ... here we go again! I think I've collected enough kidney stones over the last ten years to pave my driveway!). The ones on the left side were the main concern since they were totally blocking the flow of urine from the left kidney down to the bladder. This blockage can cause excruciating agonizing pain that can drop the strongest among us to their knees. Not to mention a severe potentially fatal infection. About the 3rd day in a stent was installed on the left ureter to permit urine to flow around the stones. About 4th day in the sonic-blast procedure was done to shatter the stones and make them small enough to pass.

COVID?: After I was released from the hospital (mid January) I came down with what I thought was "the flu" a week or so after I came home. It lasted about a week, mostly up in the upper chest/coughing up green gooey gofer guts etc. Of course my wife then caught it, and then after her my brother caught it (he's disabled, I'm his legal guardian, he lives with my wife and I going on about 8 or 10 years now). We all thought it was just a case of "hospital flu" ... I mean just about the best place to get sick is at a hospital, y'know? But now, I don't know ... was it the Wuhan Special? Hmm .. probably not, since the cough was so productive and "wet". All of us seemed to have recovered from whatever it was fairly well. So ... dunno.

Feb 2020 - my wife was broadsided on the driver's side in a 4 way intersection as another driver cruised straight through a mid-phase red light. Totaled our 2009 Toyota Tundra. My wife suffered minor bruises from the seat belt and a few twisted bones and general soreness. The other driver was cited. It took us three weeks to locate another truck (we had no other vehicle). Found one in El Paso Tex over the internet (we live in Yuma Az). 2010 Toyota Tundra, the check from Geico totally covered the 2010 (our 2009 was already paid off, and was in excellent condition so we got top dollar for it when it was totaled). Crazy how stressful all of that was. It was shipped to us, arrived at 5am via semi-truck. It was tough since I wasn't much help to my wife on that whole thing, I was still in severe pain and had that stent inside me. So I was pretty worthless. All the while we heard no word from anyone regarding the next step of this kidney stone/stent circus.

Took three weeks to work out how to get the VA to pay the private Dr. here in Yuma to finish the job he started when he installed the stent back in January. By this time many offices had gone to reduced hours and reduced staff (virus shutdown). The only place in town still doing X-rays was only open 2 days per week. I needed x-rays done before the Dr. could remove the stent. It took three weeks just to get all of the logistics down and get the x-rays done. Then more waiting while we tried to contact that Dr. .... they just weren't returning phone calls or answering voice mail.

At this point in this little timeline of mine, the VA in the entire state of Arizona is closed. Every clinic, every hospital ... closed ... only doing lab work (urine and blood) on Mondays for one hour, otherwise only doing Skype or phone calls. Shit. (Update on that ... I just checked, yup, all VA services are by phone or Skype as of today May 19, 2020). So the VA's status is unchanged as of yet. Shit shit.

March 2020 - Now it really gets fun. While still dealing with the kidney stones, kidney infections, trying to get x-rays, totaling our truck, the flippin' flappin' virus nonsense, getting that friggin fraggin stent removed ... I dislocated a rib. I have seasonal allergies, I ended up coughing and sneezing at the same time (really violent event) and the internal chest pressure of sneezing and coughing at the same time totally popped a rib out of socket, both front and back. It felt like being hit in the ribcage with a baseball bat. Instantaneous pain, super high intensity, like being struck by lightning or something ... POW!!! Dropped me to the floor. I knew I had not punctured a lung (I rec'd some "combat emergency first aid" training in the military, I'm no medic mind you, but I knew for sure I did not have a sucking chest wound or lung injury). I was unable to schedule x-rays for this for nearly a week. I've just been gutting it out. Sleeping has been very difficult, no matter how I lay that rib wants to have it's say! Bastard!!!

Due to the dislocated rib the removal of the kidney stent had to be pushed back another 2 weeks. The max time for having a ureter stent installed is 3 months ... at this point I'm now at 3 months + 1 week ... stent removal scheduled for next week. He just pushes that removal tool right up yer pecker, grabs ahold of the stent with the ~claw~ and then just yanks the stent out. The removal tool resembles one of those mechanic's part grabber tools that has the ~claws~ on it to grab the dropped nut and retrieve it. I've had that done 1x before ... about 6 or so years ago. Hurts like a BITCH. You're wide awake for the whole thing, your ass is on the edge of an exam table, legs spread, junk all hanging out for the female assistant to see. Holy crap I hate this kinda shit. I hope to get this stent removed Tuesday morning. While I dread the procedure I'll be happy to get this damned thing taken out! The bladder cramps are getting worse by the day. My body wants this thing gone.

April 2020: I finally got that evil goddamed stent removed. Just short of FOUR months that prick was in there!! That removal procedure is an everlovin BITCH. This is the 2nd time I've gone through that particular procedure in the last 6 or 7 years. I swear I will never allow that to happen again! This time around I had little choice since the VA is literally closed, they're only accepting phone calls or Skype appointments. Beyond that yer skrewed. It still stings like a sungunabitch each time I piss .... and a LOT of what medical types call "frank blood" (fresh blood that has not sat in the bladder). But I was told to expect that. I've been using a little over the counter medication called "AZO". Two little tiny pills every 8 hours. Turns the urine a neon-orange color, a bit like orange Gatorade. It really takes that super-bitch of a sting out of urinating. There are actually open cuts inside the urethra after the stent removal, and when piss flows across them when urinating it stings like a lightning bolt shootin' out of the end of yer pecker! It stings way back inside, near the prostate, so much so ya nearly hit the ceiling once you allow the flow to begin. YIKES!! (and any number of other words that will cost you a few bucks in the swear jar!). So that AZO stuff somehow dulls the pain since there's some type of anesthetic in it that is in direct contact with those internal cuts and traumatized areas inside yer pee tube. Really works great. The Dr. had not even heard of AZO ... over the counter at Wal Mart ... 3 days worth, $9 bucks. Doc says the worst of the stingin'/bleedin' will be done inside of three days, which aligns well with the 3 day box of AZO.

CURRENT STATUS:
I will say I felt one hell of a lot better overall (especially the depression and anxiety) once that evil friggin stent was removed. Turns out that "dislocated rib" is actually a busted one. So for a cranky old fuckity fuck with a busted right rib, 5 kidney stones, and a bladder infection I suppose I'm doing ok! I mean there's still the whole neck-thing going on, but at least this set of issues seems to be subsiding.

I've gone through this entire ordeal without any pain meds. It's been a bitch. I hope to be healthy inside of another month or three. All of this has nothing to do with the neck injury issue ... that is another story perhaps for an upcoming post. Long made short .... I'll live. :)

I will never allow Drs to dismiss another one of those "siezures" I was having last fall (2019). That was my body trying to tell me that something was up .. namely several kidney stones that were trying like hell to cause an infection. Nope ... next time I'm insisting on a CT scan or MRI ... I've been fekking around with this shit for roughly six months now. Had the first "siezure" been taken more seriously back in September (or so) of 2019 measures could have been taken at that time to avoid all of this pain and expense.

.... I think one of the hardest parts of it all is after months of this ~virus~ stuff and being beaten up with the pain the depression begins building up. It seems like every mistake and bad choice I ever made comes to pay me a visit all too regularly each night. I can sure do without that shit. I'm pretty hopeful this emotional ass kicking/regrets etc will end as I start healing up. That's the hope anyhow.

Still with this rib already! Geez! I have passed a couple of kidney stones, the largest was about 4mm, and that was after it was shattered by that procedure! The rib makes it pretty hard to breathe, and sleeping is almost useless since I can't seem to find a position that isn't irritating that friggin rib. More fun ==== I have a capped tooth that has a fifty year old stainless steel cap on it that is totally falling apart over the last couple of weeks, I'm getting to where I'm afraid I may swallow the damned thing in my sleep. I also cracked another molar on the other side of my mouth the other day at supper. Dentist? NO WAY ... there's no way in hell I can get into a dentist's chair with this rib issue, not to mention the neck thing ... even just getting x-rays was a bitch just from having to be put on that torture device of a table when they shoot the x-rays. So the dental pain and needed work is going to have to hold out until the rib allows me to get through the dental work. The kidney stone thing seems to be clearing up, at least it appears so ... that's a plus! :)

Thing is, there are so many people that have it one hell of a lot worse than I do right now! That's for certain! While this has been a run of bad luck for my family and I .. it too, will pass.

Thanks for the warm wishes previously posted here. I'll be back working on my synth ... not sure just when, but I will be back!! :)

So ... that's what I've been up to.
5U MODULAR NORMALIZING PROJECT (for your entertainment) viewtopic.php?t=78836&highlight=
.. dominion - noun: control or the exercise of control . power . possessed and controlled domain . sovereignty . having dominion over the world . supreme authority . absolute ownership . power . authority . jurisdiction . control . command ... power ....... power .......... power.

adam
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by adam » Tue May 19, 2020 9:22 am

sounds nasty

daveholiday
Ultra Wiggler

Post by daveholiday » Tue May 19, 2020 9:48 am

Faustgeist and I just had a conversation about you yesterday as we hadn't heard from you in so long. We were trying to figure out the best way to poke you!!

Great to hear that you are recovering from all that shit!!!!
Last edited by daveholiday on Tue May 19, 2020 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It is all shits and giggles,

until somebody giggles and shits.

umma gumma
Ultra Wiggler

Post by umma gumma » Tue May 19, 2020 10:03 am

holy crap!!!! well I guess it is more like UNHOLY crap....bad shit from hell.

I cringed all the way through reading that

glad to hear you & your wife are on the way to recovery.

for some reason this "claw" scene in Toy Story sprung to mind:

umma gumma
Ultra Wiggler

Post by umma gumma » Tue May 19, 2020 11:31 am

or this:

sduck
experimental use of gravity

Post by sduck » Tue May 19, 2020 12:34 pm

Glad to hear you're still with us! And making me appreciate that these bad knees are all that's ailing me!
flickr cloud of sound touyube NOT A MODERATOR ANYMORE

Faustgeist
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Faustgeist » Tue May 19, 2020 2:31 pm

Good lord, man,

Let the healing powers of the synth wash away the covid-neck-kidneystone-seisure-rib madness.

Good to see you back!
~Robin
Seeking the esoteric and funky in 5U/COTK/MOTM and MODCAN B, send me a message if you are selling gear and thanks!

hsosdrum
Ultra Wiggler

Post by hsosdrum » Wed May 20, 2020 12:56 am

Rex:

Glad to hear that you still have your sense of humor through all of this — it's your most powerful weapon (besides a good woman at your side, that is).

Remember: Illigitimi non carborundum!

hamildad
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by hamildad » Wed May 20, 2020 7:51 am

We're alll going through toughness at the moment but reading your thread did make me count my blessings, namely that noone is going to pull a tiny tube out of my urethra, but also that covid is delaying that process so I have to fight to get it done..

as said above, keep your sense of humour and if you need any support from fellow wigglers, then dont be afraid to reach out.

hope you are back at the 5U coalface soon and look forwared to seeing what you are accomplish.
My Synth Instagram here * My Synth videos here
-
External PSUs and DC jacks are the hallmarks of toys. - Graham Hinton.
-
I am one of the "tiny fraction of a percentage of oversensitive idiots" who feels the name of this site sends the wrong message.
-
This is primarily for melody and historical educational purposes - Analogue Music

Rex Coil 7
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Rex Coil 7 » Wed May 20, 2020 8:12 am

hey all ... seems i've hurt myself in my sleep last night, that rib is really hurting a lot. i can only use one hand to type. i owe everyone who's replied and sent well wishes a huge night out involving a lot of beer.

i'll be back ... i've no clue what's up with this rib thing i just know it's really hurtin'. until then i'll be a bit scarce again. ok, pain is overwhelming my wishes to show my gratitude. gotta go. dammit this thing! shitty shit shit.

:)

ranix
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ranix » Wed May 20, 2020 9:31 pm

Good lux rex, keep on surviving
Stay clear, probable centre of pestilence

Flareless
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Flareless » Thu May 21, 2020 3:07 am

Great to see you here Rex if only for a brief time. I hope things improve soon!
Rich

What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it gives forth a sound - Neil Peart

Rex Coil 7
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Rex Coil 7 » Thu May 21, 2020 7:30 am

thankies fellas ... :) .... everyone has to carry the rock up the hill at some point .... it's just my turn right now. :)

.... this friggin flappin rib ... godammit ... grumble grumble ... moan moan .... bitch bitch ... HAAHAA! ...

dubonaire
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dubonaire » Sun May 24, 2020 3:42 am

Hey Rex, just read this. Hang in there man. It will pass.

Rex Coil 7
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Rex Coil 7 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:59 am

dubonaire wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 3:42 am
Hey Rex, just read this. Hang in there man. It will pass.
thank you very much, Dubs (Doobs?). looks like the experiment had failed. I've tried for about a week to type with one hand, then I started becoming over confident, consequently I've been too active. Activity seems to be getting in the way of healing (spiritually, the danged neck thing, and ribcage). So I can't work on my synth. And I think I set a personal record for the number of complaints I've generated in a single week! HAAHAA! Perhaps the timing isn't right just now ... too much, too soon. Maybe the timing won't be right at all. I'm not sure I'm enough of a shape shifter to fit in with the new shapes this membership takes on some times. This time of year is VERY hard for me (a close friend of mine was murdered in a riot years back), I suppose I put too much faith in the idea that I could distract myself from deeply disturbing memories by becoming active here again. Didn't work. Well, the distraction worked, but I don't have much of anything to offer here at this time, which relegated my postings to a little tom foolery ... which seems to have really upset some folks. Oh well, I know my station in life.

In any case, thanks for the wonderful things everyone here has offered. I need more time ... I guess. Or something. :despair:

( ... best to contact me here if needed .... bamco60@hotmail.com ... thankies!!)

:tu:

umma gumma
Ultra Wiggler

Post by umma gumma » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:36 pm

maybe try binge watching movies for a while....have you seen "Ford V Ferrari"? some Hollywood exaggeration etc but otherwise not a bad film. Christian Bale did a good job as Ken Miles, RIP

Rex Coil 7
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Rex Coil 7 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:04 pm

... this rib thing just isn't healing ... when I move my right arm I can hear/feel what seems like loose parts or broken stuff crackling/popping/snapping inside the area. My wife had her hand on my shoulder, and when I moved she could feel the crackling goodness in her hand ... "That's horrible!" ... hahaa! VA is closed (has been for months) and I was told Friday that if the VA were to reopen that day and taking in patients there would be a five week wait for an appointment. As it is they're only taking ten patients per day/two days per week for lab/blood/urine samples only, and only one patient at a time is even allowed inside of the whole building just to do that much. You wait in the parking lot for a phone message, then they let you in. They draw yer blood, ya piss in a cup, and they run ya out the door. I gotta wonder if "gov health care for everyone" would be a positive thing, especially if that is made mandatory (everyone must participate and private health care insurance outlawed as some politicians are wanting). Anyhow enough of that shit. So the rib ... we'll see I guess. Sure makes for some really bad nights, and even worse mornings when I couldn't sleep all night from pain. Today has been truly truly awful .. old shit came to the surface for some reason ... really terrible stuff. Most likely due to lack of sleep from the pain, the mind becomes exhausted, and every misdeed/mistake I ever made comes to pay me a visit. How does one share this type of thing with those he respects without appearing as though it's all attention seeking? The age old conundrum.

I'm re-using a previous post for this message, I didn't want to bring it to the top and draw attention to it by adding a new post to this stupid thread. I completely wiped this posting window clean of the previous post and wrote this in it's place. So if you're wondering if you computer is fuddup, or your brain is malfunctioning, or one of the moderators did something to the original post here .. nope, just little ole me again. Today is actually Sunday, August 30th 2020 even though the date on this posting is August 24th 2020.

... ~holy shit will ya shut up already ya ratchet jaw~ ...

Return to “5U Format Modules”