MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Q-960 Trigger Bus connector
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author Q-960 Trigger Bus connector
dslocum
Does anyone know the pinout of the 10 pin MTA Trigger bus connector on the Q-960 / Q-963 ?
noddyspuncture
The connector in the 960 is to connect the 963 to.

The 963 isn't anything exotic - it just lets you split the triggers to two different outputs and switch each 960 trigger to either one... or "off".

The 'other' 10-way connector on the 963 is to daisy chain more 963's I think..!?
wily
dslocum wrote:
Does anyone know the pinout of the 10 pin MTA Trigger bus connector on the Q-960 / Q-963 ?

The three 10pin MTA inputs on the back of the Q963 are on the same bus with no circuitry additional circuitry on the board. Each SPDT switch has a diode in one position to A bus jack, and diode *from* B bus jack in the other position. There is a 10k resistor across each TS jack.

The pin-out is:

Trigger switch 1 SPDT common
    Trigger switch 2 SPDT common
    Trigger switch 3 SPDT common
    Trigger switch 4 SPDT common
    Trigger switch 5 SPDT common
    Trigger switch 6 SPDT common
    Trigger switch 7 SPDT common
    Trigger switch 8 SPDT common
    --
    Bus "B" TS jack sleeve

The following picture might help make sense:

I was going to add another switch in one of my Q963s to "lift" the ground (such as with the Q963WF shown above) and get triggers but still be able to externally clock the Q960... Howver, I use my M569 for trigger duties these days instead.

Hope this helps. Rockin' Banana!
Ockeghem
dslocum wrote:

Does this have implications for my wallet? Another module in the pipeline?
eek! Mr. Green help
dslocum
Ockeghem wrote:
dslocum wrote:

Does this have implications for my wallet? Another module in the pipeline?
eek! Mr. Green help

This is SSL after all. There is ALWAYS a strong possibility of that! cool
dslocum
THanks for all your inputs, but can you tell me what pins do what? For instance - Which pin is gate output 1, 2 .... 8 ? Is there a ground pin? Etc...

KSS
wily wrote:
The pin-out is:

Trigger switch 1 SPDT common
    Trigger switch 2 SPDT common
    Trigger switch 3 SPDT common
    Trigger switch 4 SPDT common
    Trigger switch 5 SPDT common
    Trigger switch 6 SPDT common
    Trigger switch 7 SPDT common
    Trigger switch 8 SPDT common
    --
    Bus "B" TS jack sleeve

According to this description, it looks like:
dslocum
Thanks everyone. That's very helpful.

Just to be sure - can someone verify that the Pin 1 shown in the above image is the correct orientation?

Is there indeed a pin removed (9) in the MTA male connector, and does the female have a "plug"?

I'm trying to make a 1-to-1 conversion of our V-Bus ribbon connector to Roger's trigger bus.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1