MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

UK/EU Black Friday 2019 deals thread!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author UK/EU Black Friday 2019 deals thread!
ObsoleteModular
Boom ...

Massive captiaistic consumer orgy nearly upon us. Hurrah!

Post what you see here guys and girls, preferably for UK/EU

(Mods if someone's started one already feel free to delete this)
werock
Gear4Music have the Modal craft drum sampler for £39.99, think it's today only.
ObsoleteModular
Reductions on Reverb

https://reverb.com/c/holiday

Last day of UAD sale

https://www.uaudio.com/uad-plugins/on-sale.html
Licudi
A genuine discount (possibly for those who least need it) is the Moog One eight-voice at Bax for £4600. Also, last night Bax sold the Dreadbox Medusa for £497. I was considering the Medusa, which strikes me as an interesting albeit not fully realised instrument, but it's now showing as discontinued at Bax.
ObsoleteModular
Licudi wrote:
at Bax

I wouldn’t touch Bax with a barge pole. Be aware most of their stuff doesn’t ship from within the UK. Website promised next day delivery, it wasn’t. Various calls to customer services all gave different excuses. I was told I’d ordered too late. I hadn’t. I had proof. Turned out the item was shipped from NL and could never have been next day. That’s all pretty trivial though compared to the issues of when it did turn up. The packaging was woefully inadequate. Just a box within a box. No padding. Both external box and internal box were damaged. It’s not like it was a few cables either. It was an Octatrack. There was no visible damage to the unit itself but it hardly fills one with confidence. What if it craps out on me in 6 months? Bax are cheaper than everyone else because they don’t give a sh!t.

13% of their Trustpilot reviews are average or worse. That's pretty high. Compare Juno.co.uk 4%. Gear4Music 5%. Etc https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/bax-shop.co.uk

Licudi
I've bought from Bax many times. True, delivery slots were rarely met but apart from UK-adaptor plugs (common with continetal retailers selling to the UK), the products (and packaging) were fine. My main gripe with Bax is its website, which is badly designed to say the least.

FWIW, the cheapest Dreadbox Meduse elsewhere this morning is £200 more than Bax was last night. (At Juno Music.) Seems to be hardly any Black Friday deals worth bothering with outside the USA. Mind you, Matttech Modular has knocked 3% off the SRP of Disting Mk.4. hihi
ObsoleteModular
Licudi wrote:
I've bought from Bax many times. True, delivery slots were rarely met but apart from UK-adaptor plugs (common with continetal retailers selling to the UK), the products (and packaging) were fine. My main gripe with Bax is its website, which is badly designed to say the least.

FWIW, the cheapest Dreadbox Meduse elsewhere this morning is £200 more than Bax was last night. (At Juno Music.)

I'm glad you've had a more positive experience and I'm all for having some balance to my negative experience.

My only worry with the super cheap retailers is what happens when it goes wrong?

Had it been a UK retailer I would have sent it back but having learnt they were in the NL and that customer service was patchy I felt discouraged to do so. Hardly fair.

Any retailer should be "OMFG look at the state of that. Send it back absolutely no quibble." They didn't. They just told me I must be wrong about the time I ordered and an ominous reminder that any returns should be immaculate. Well send me an immaculate box then. Idtiots.
Licudi
ObsoleteModular wrote:
My only worry with the super cheap retailers is what happens when it goes wrong?

Had it been a UK retailer I would have sent it back but having learnt they were in the NL and that customer service was patchy I felt discouraged to do so. Hardly fair.

Well, I agree that Continental EU-based sellers having UK-frontends online seems dubious - Thomann (Germany), Bax (Netherlands) and Kytary (Czechia) come to mind here. That said, if you buy from bricks-and-mortar DV247 in Romford, the stuff often turns up from its parent company Music Store in Germany.
werock
Can't find any deals worth getting excited about seriously, i just don't get it
h4ndcrafted
ObsoleteModular wrote:
Licudi wrote:
at Bax

I wouldn’t touch Bax with a barge pole. Be aware most of their stuff doesn’t ship from within the UK. Website promised next day delivery, it wasn’t. Various calls to customer services all gave different excuses. I was told I’d ordered too late. I hadn’t. I had proof. Turned out the item was shipped from NL and could never have been next day. That’s all pretty trivial though compared to the issues of when it did turn up. The packaging was woefully inadequate. Just a box within a box. No padding. Both external box and internal box were damaged. It’s not like it was a few cables either. It was an Octatrack. There was no visible damage to the unit itself but it hardly fills one with confidence. What if it craps out on me in 6 months? Bax are cheaper than everyone else because they don’t give a sh!t.

13% of their Trustpilot reviews are average or worse. That's pretty high. Compare Juno.co.uk 4%. Gear4Music 5%. Etc https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/bax-shop.co.uk

Never had a problem with them , and they do have a U.K. warehouse in Kent. Service I got was great.

I think the general point is they all can be a pita sometimes. Gear4music is good but normally the most expensive , somewhat offset by very reasonable 6 year cover plans. Their customer service is prob the best out of the lot imho.
Thomann can be expensive because the price they quote in U.K. is always more in reality.
Musicstore ship with illegal plugs, so do bax , the adaptors should be hard fixed and not removable.
One day this is gonna bite them in the butt.

None are perfect, but I agree bax website is horrible and their packaging isn’t the best, thomann and musicstore win here, especially musicstore , always strong outter box.

Bopdj used to be good with £20 of first order, but that’s gone now.
I like Juno but often under stocked , they are good if you need to get the price down, more willing to do business than thomann or Gear4music.
ObsoleteModular
werock wrote:
Can't find any deals worth getting excited about seriously, i just don't get it

No, me neither!
h4ndcrafted
Only deal at the moment is focusrites £250 for the Mono Station. Worth it for the sequencer and using as a automatable distortion/filter box. The synth isn’t bad either. Beensequencing my monotribe and putting it through it, lots of fun, beefs up the drums nicely!

Black Friday is scam for low spec TVs and getting rid of flawed stock. Either that or they rise prices artificially before hand.

I’ve found deals other places , like jewellery shops etc , but nothing jaw dropping.
magnetize
BAX doing 10% off B-stock. Just snagged a digitone for £450.... lets hope they box it up right.
Licudi
PMT doing Black Friday 10% off on orders over £299.
Use Code: BLACKFRIDAY2019 · Enter code at checkout.
Muff McMuff
Signal Sounds Volca Modular £79.95 and the FM Drum slightly less. Make Noise Rene half prioe plus other stuff.
ObsoleteModular
magnetize wrote:
BAX doing 10% off B-stock. Just snagged a digitone for £450.... lets hope they box it up right.

Oh ffs I’m going to have to have a look now. After everything I said! I’m such a gear slut hihi
Licudi
If anyone is trying without success to use Juno Music's '10% off any music order over £30.00' code, don't bother. Finally got thorugh to the gear dept only to be told it applies to vinyl only. evil

Going to rename today FuckThisFriday.
nectarios
UAD plugs in the bag.
Also Acustica do sales, bought Taupe.
Muff McMuff
Licudi wrote:
If anyone is trying without success to use Juno Music's '10% off any music order over £30.00' code, don't bother. Finally got thorugh to the gear dept only to be told it applies to vinyl only. evil

Going to rename today FuckThisFriday.

I just tried it now. -10% works on modular but maybe not every item? i used the code on the website BLACKFRIDAY19 .

Raja
Yes, I got 10% off Plonk in the end.

I guess a lot of U.K. retailers haven’t been stocking up massively this year, with the currency / political uncertainty, and don’t have a load of stuff to shift at a huge discount.
CoreInside
http://equinoxsynth.com/

50% off all modules

eurorack vco £47.50
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1