||ThreeTom Modular - Steve's MS-22 Dual VCF (4HP)
| br>Hi, my name is Tom, and I’m the guy behind ThreeTom Modular Synthesizers, a small Eurorack business based in Belgium. The past few months I've been developing a rather unique take on a dual VCF module. As I'm getting ready to release, I thought I'd make some noise about it here :
A dual voltage controlled filter (inspired upon the classic Korg MS-20 OTA design) with an innovative modulation matrix and one of the highest function-to-hp ratios in the land of Eurorack. This module was inspired by many pleasant chats with tech journalist Steve O’Hear and is currently being prepared for release. Have a look below at the pictures, demos, specifications and block schematic!
Please note that the final units will have black knobs for all controls!
- Dual VCF inspired by the Korg MS-20 OTA filter
- Low-pass (12dB) into high-pass (6dB) configuration
- Innovative modulation matrix allows CV control over all parameters
- Cut-off frequencies can be linked, resulting in a band pass filter with controlable bandwidth
- Bipolar monitoring LEDS for the LP, HP, resonance and gain CV signals
- One of the best functionality-to-size ratios in Eurorack with a width of 4 HP and a depth of 45 mm
- Filter input
- Filter output
- Frequency CV input (FCV)
- Auxiliary CV input (ACV)
- LP cut-off frequency (“frequency”)
- HP cut-off frequency / BP bandwidth (“spread”)
- Resonance : from mild to screamy
- Gain : from warm to asymmetrical saturation
- LP Frequency CV (FCV) attenuator
- Auxiliary CV (ACV) attenuator
- LP-HP link switch : 0%, 50% or 100%
- Modulation Matrix switches, routing ACV to HP cut-off / spread, Gain and resonance : +ACV, off, or -ACV (inverted)
- Calibration trimmers for the HP and LP filter are available from the side of the module.
- Designed to work with unipolar +5V or bipolar +-5V modulation sources
- Will also take unipolar and bipolar 8 and 10V modulation signals, but this results in a smaller usable range on the ACV and FCV attenuators
- Low frequency and audio rate modulation of all parameters
- Bipolar monitoring LEDs (green: positive, red: negative) for all CV destinations (LP cut-off, HP cut-off / spread, resonance, gain)
- 4 HP wide
- 45 mm deep (skiff friendly)
- High quality aluminum knobs with grippy surface
- 2 mm thick matte black front panel with white and metallic print
- A tasty 4-layer PCB sandwich, containing 350+ components
- Recessed power connector, avoids your power cable from adding to the module depth
- Reverse power protection
- Buffered high impedance inputs
- Output is protected by a 1K output resistor
- +12V : 100mA max
- -12V : 100mA max
Graciously recorded by Mr. Steve O'Hear
More can be found here : https://soundcloud.com/threetom-modular/sets/ms-22-audio-demos
If no cataclysmic events occur, I hope to release a batch of 10 units half December, price TBA
More info on http://www.threetom.com
Please feel free to ask any question either here or over e-mail.
Tom br> br>
| br>That modulation matrix is a great idea, well done sir!
I generally like what you have done here, will be watching this space. br> br>
|Tonescape wrote: |
|That modulation matrix is a great idea, well done sir!
I generally like what you have done here, will be watching this space.
So, maybe you've seen it on my website already, but here's a block schematic of the module, showing the possibilities that the modulation matrix has to offer .
| br>Paranormal Patroler
| br>I like the design, the looks, and your general aesthetics. Nicely done! br> br>
| br>Hi guys, thanks for the kind comments!
Check out the last awesome demo video for Steve's MS-22. In this video I'm showing what you can expect from the MS-22's resonance. Have a listen to the awesomely complex duophonic drones and pings in this video, demonstrating the MS-22's undeniable versatility!
This video is the last one before the MS-22's release, approximately a week from now. There will be a batch of 10 units available, price to be announced upon release.
| br>Cool. Keeping an eye on this. br> br>
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group