Connect Intellijel Linix to Performance Case

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

Ypsi Kid
Common Wiggler

Connect Intellijel Linix to Performance Case

Post by Ypsi Kid » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:30 pm

Hello fellow wigglers!

I just splurged and picked up an Intellijel 7u Performance case (finally have a travel case). For some reason I'm having a difficult time wrapping my head around how to leverage/hookup the audio and midi jacks that come built into the case. I believe these need to be paired with 1u tiles to take advantage of them - any info around this would be amazing.

The other question I had is whether the Intellijel Linix would be hooked up to the output jacks via the expander header on the back? I'm not a DIY guy, so can't build/create any cables, but just curious if this has been done before or whether I just need to look at getting some 1u tiles?

Thanks in advance for any info (I have also checked the Intellijel forum).

agency
Learning to Wiggle

Post by agency » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:06 pm

You are correct about the 1U tiles. The audio and MIDI jacks on the back of the case need to be paired with the Audio I/O 1U and µMIDI 1U tiles respectively. The case should have a header that you connect to these tiles with ribbon cables.

I'm not sure about the Linix (looks like it's discontinued) but Intellijel recently updated the audio jacks board to support more I/O configurations. With the new board you can connect a pair of the case's jacks to a Mixup either to feed external audio into the mix, or the mix output to the 1/4" jacks. It also supports hooking up a pair of jacks as a send/return with a Pedal I/O 1U tile.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”