MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

midiphy LoopA
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author midiphy LoopA
latigid on
We're happy to announce release of the midiphy LoopA cool

What is it? A compact six-track MIDI looper perfect for quick song and idea creation. It has a graphical noteroll UI and indicator LEDs to visualise playback. The timing is super tight of course and there are useful "effects" such as basic quantisation and note editing, to dynamic beat loops and transposition.

Basic usage here:

Build tutorial here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np1JAQpdxFc&feature=emb_logo

Kits available now:
http://www.midiphy.com/en/shop/139/LoopA-v2-Essential-Kits

User manual first attempt:
http://www.midiphy.com/files/468/midiphy_LoopA_manual_v205.pdf

Feel free to ask questions here or over at MIDIbox.

Have fun building!
Andy
Funky40
interesting !

so i had to buy the essential kit ( incl. case) plus all parts from the listed mouser Bom and -------> i have *everything* , all parts ?
( without buying the greyed out parts, listed as a own mouser BOM)

then:
The metal case seems to deliver a slight bit more height ....for a slighly easier build, but the metal case will take until early 2020 to be available ?

is this so correct ?
latigid on
Hi!

Funky40 wrote:
interesting !

so i had to buy the essential kit ( incl. case) plus all parts from the listed mouser Bom and -------> i have *everything* , all parts ?
( without buying the greyed out parts, listed as a own mouser BOM)

The essential kit contains PCBs and everything you can't buy from Mouser, so PCBs, keyswitches, keycaps, knobs, the MCU breakout board, LEDs, plus some hardware parts like M2 screws and standoffs. Then copy-paste the BOM text from the kit page into Mouser's tool and you have the remainder of the parts. You would also need a USB B cable and an SD card but I think that's it.

Of course, you might find a cheaper source or have some of the parts already, but we find this is a simple and convenient way to get everything nicely ordered with just a few clicks.

Funky40 wrote:

then:
The metal case seems to deliver a slight bit more height ....for a slighly easier build, but the metal case will take until early 2020 to be available ?

is this so correct ?

The overall height of the metal case might even be a bit slimmer, as the acrylic one is 3mm for strength. If you are interested in the metal case, we suggest to build the main unit and you can order the case separately when it's available. It would take a matter of minutes to swap/upgrade to the metal case from the acrylic one.

Also, the Swiss pay no EU VAT smile.
Funky40
latigid on wrote:
........., as the acrylic one is 3mm for strength.

so we have 3mm from the pcb to the case for the solder joints/remaining legs of the parts after cutting ?
this sounds good enough that i don´t feel i had to worry

........no Vat for swiss: good to know !

Quote:
but we find this is a simple and convenient way to get everything nicely ordered with just a few clicks.
Very important ! not only for me.

Thank you for caring ! much appreciated
latigid on
Funky40 wrote:
latigid on wrote:
........., as the acrylic one is 3mm for strength.

so we have 3mm from the pcb to the case for the solder joints/remaining legs of the parts after cutting ?
this sounds good enough that i don´t feel i had to worry

It's not much, but it works! Edit: the clearance to the acrylic case is quite tight at 1.75mm so the pins must be cut. But the case is plastic and non-conductive, so no risk there, just as long as the pins don't flex the case bottom downwards.

Funky40 wrote:
........no Vat for swiss: good to know !

Well, you'll have to pay the Schweizerische MwSt, but probably it works out a bit cheaper.

Funky40 wrote:
Quote:
but we find this is a simple and convenient way to get everything nicely ordered with just a few clicks.
Very important ! not only for me.

Thank you for caring ! much appreciated

No problem!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1