MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Transferring patches (programs) on Ornament & Crime?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Transferring patches (programs) on Ornament & Crime?
tyebillion
Ornament and Crime seems like an awesome module. But I was wondering, can you transfer patches (program) via the USB, or do you have to load the entire software / firmware to do this... is that a problem? Say you wanted to share some parameters.
pld
No, there's no external load/save implemented for the OG firmware. USB is only used for firmware uploads and doesn't touch calibration data or saved app states.
I believe for Hemisphere and/or Hemisphere Suite there was some sysex/MIDI functionality but don't recall the details...
Timmy
Pencil and paper works well, although I have resorted to photographing the parameter settings on the screen with my phone as I scroll through them, although scan line artefacts on digital photographs of the screen can be a problem.
b9
You know you're getting serious when you start memorizing integer ranges for pi. But what you really need to do, if you want presets, is buy another ornament and crime.
pld
Timmy wrote:
Pencil and paper works well, although I have resorted to photographing the parameter settings on the screen with my phone as I scroll through them, although scan line artefacts on digital photographs of the screen can be a problem.

Well to externalize the "save" part of the problem and continue the quirky theme, display a QR code that contains the current settings?
There's maybe not enough chars given the number of options in some apps without some encoding though...
chysn
O_Csysex is a version of Ornament and Crime 1.3.4 that includes an additional app that allows transfer of an entire O_C state (except for calibration data) over USB with a system exclusive librarian (MidiOX for PC, Sysex Base for iOS, C6 for MacOS, etc.):

Here's the wiki with install instructions: https://github.com/Chysn/O_Csysex/wiki

Here's the manual for the MIDI Transfer app: https://github.com/Chysn/O_Csysex/wiki/MIDI-Transfer

Here's the hex file: Oh, seriously? I never uploaded a hex file? I'll take care of that tomorrow.

pld wrote:
Well to externalize the "save" part of the problem and continue the quirky theme, display a QR code that contains the current settings?

I tried displaying a QR code on the O_C screen with a link to the Hemisphere Suite documentation. It's still in the About app because it looks cool and took a really long time to make, but it doesn't even think about working.
rayultine
chysn,
what on earth? I never knew you did this. Did you ever discuss this in the Hemispheres thread?!?!

I got a beautiful new case that has holes in the back so I can run a USB cable out for Hemispheres, but looks like I have to figure out how to run two now!

Are you in Detroit?!

me -----> we're not worthy
chysn
rayultine wrote:

what on earth? I never knew you did this. Did you ever discuss this in the Hemispheres thread?!?!

Since it's not Hemisphere-related, I opened a separate topic on it about a year ago. You wrote a response on it! grin

Quote:
Are you in Detroit?!

Metro, the city's about a 15-minute drive straight north.
rayultine
Well you were doing awesome things with the o_c so quickly a year ago, I wasn't able to put it all down on an index card.

Maybe we also had a previous conversation about where we are from, too? I am from 15 miles to the opposite side of Detroit.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1