MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Made in totalitarian China synthesizer second thoughts
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Made in totalitarian China synthesizer second thoughts
yul
I just realized nearly everything is made there. I was looking at my next synth purchase and can't pull the trigger. It's not so much about quality or workers conditions but more about the global domination ambitions that is starting to creep eveywhere (look at 5g and Huawei) . Does anyone have a point of view? As a hardware enthusiast, one should think about this.
pelican
I buy nothing from China. I actually go out of my way to find alternatives. Always have
coolshirtdotjpg
Pretty sure whatever technology you are using to write this on has parts made in China...
yul
Really? Do you only own vintage built before they started making them in China?

What about the DSIs and Moog made in the US and latest Korgs made in Japan? Everything inside comes from China.. I am so confused.

Thanks
nectarios
What is not made in, or has no parts in it, that come from China?
tenembre
As others are pointing out, some involvement in Chinese technology is unavoidable at this point. The only way out is to get off the grid, off social media, no more synths, etc. Or a time machine.

If you are genuinely concerned about Uighurs, Tibetans, Hong Kong residents, etc, it is certainly possible to try to work on their behalf, even if you need to use technology made in China to do it.

But, this being Muffs, I suspect the OP's post is really an anti-Behringer rant in disguise. The Chinese government did a fine job of invading Tibet, imprisoning ethnic minorities and compromising Huawei without Behringer's help.
yul
nectarios wrote:
What is not made in, or has no parts in it, that come from China?

Some more some less I imagine. The above brands have some models assembled outside of China.

Seems like a good start maybe not so much.. this is why I am confused.

My chinese laptop + midi controller is the most conservative setup I can find with software made in Germany or US..

Am I overthinking this?
onthebandwagon
Certainly doesn’t help things when western governments and corporations are too self serving to speak up on behalf of the protestors in Hong Kong.
yul
hmmm.....
tenembre wrote:
As others are pointing out, some involvement in Chinese technology is unavoidable at this point. The only way out is to get off the grid, off social media, no more synths, etc. Or a time machine.

If you are genuinely concerned about Uighurs, Tibetans, Hong Kong residents, etc, it is certainly possible to try to work on their behalf, even if you need to use technology made in China to do it.

But, this being Muffs, I suspect the OP's post is really an anti-Behringer rant in disguise. The Chinese government did a fine job of invading Tibet, imprisoning ethnic minorities and compromising Huawei without Behringer's help.

Hey absolutely not a Behringer thread actually it's an everything thread.

Just concerned about nothing other than keeping a safe and free society as much as possible and not encouraging that system that wants to take us over eventually.
3hands
That system will take us over sadly... regardless whether we buy from them or not. That cycle has already started.
SyndieBot2000XL
There’s no ethical consumption under capitalism and no political discussion on Muffs. Between those two things this thread is a bit of a dead end. Dead Banana
Joe.
SyndieBot2000XL wrote:
There’s no ethical consumption under capitalism and no political discussion on Muffs.

Thanks for reading the rules thumbs up

Those that haven't, or chose not to follow them, will be receiving warnings in their inboxes soon.
Kent
Guys, this quickly moved outside of the pale of what is allowed on this forum. Please re-read the rules. No politics, please.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1