MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Q158 VCA2++ Cyber Monday bundle pre-order
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author Q158 VCA2++ Cyber Monday bundle pre-order
Synth Con Meo
Just got an email from Dotcom about their (Rogers) new Q158 VCA2++ Cyber Monday bundle sale. Looks like kind of neat module:

Q158 VCA2++ Cyber Monday pre-order bundle

Edit: He also posted a video:
hsosdrum
hmmm..... ... now my next module purchase is a tossup between the Dotcom Q158 VCA2++ and the Grove G714 Quad VCA.

I like that the Grove has 4 independent VCAs and has similar mixer functions as the Dotcom, but I really like that the Dotcom has reversible attenuators and will also do ring modulation.

Certainly a first-world problem... srsly never

Edit: Now I'm leaning towards the SSL 1510 Octal Linear VCA. 8 VCAs in 1U — hard to beat! Of course it has no controls so the VCAs are mostly useful for control signals, but I already have four Q108s for my four audio voices. And Doug makes really good stuff — my synth already includes eight SSL modules.
hamildad
would be nice to see examples in the video rather than being told about them...

Pan & Fade looks great but I'd like to see it in action.
Voltage_Controller
Love the ++ line so much.

The only one I have heard any minor complaints about is the env++. I have the lfo++ and s&h++ and recommend them both. I have only 22U so any time I can cram functionality into a single space I am happy.
hsosdrum
hamildad wrote:
would be nice to see examples in the video rather than being told about them...

Pan & Fade looks great but I'd like to see it in action.

Yeah, I was also a bit disappointed that Roger only talked instead of running signals through it. Maybe the unit in the video was a prototype that wasn't working properly, so to get the video out at the same time as the product announcement he decided that a video with just talking was better than no video at all.
Synth Con Meo
Well I did just order this. I waited too long to make up my mind so I didn't get in on the pre-order special with getting the Green patch cable and small cable rack but that's ok. I actually told myself I wasn't going to order one right away anyway. Was just waiting to see what everyone really thought about it who may have ordered it.

But after sitting looking at my system for a few days thinking about it I thought since it could in theory take place of my Q116 ring mod and add some other functionality it might be worth getting and swapping the Q116 out. Plus I had a couple other smaller items I needed to order so I figured I would just piggy back that order with this. Hopefully it will be worth it.

Oh and Roger did actually post another video showing how the set it up for Ring modulation so that's what also pushed me to go ahead and order it.

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1