MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Brightness of LED on Zlob LFO, fixed
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Brightness of LED on Zlob LFO, fixed
patched
Hey all, just wanted to share this simple mod for the Zlob LFO.

After assembling two of these modules, I noticed that the LEDs where incredibly faint, to the point where I often patched it into another module just to get some visual feedback on how the curve looked. The fix for this is simple: just change the 20k resistor connected to the LED with a 1k. Having already assembled the module, I just soldered a 1k in parallel with the 20k.

Note that I didn't buy the kit, but I used the red/green LED referred to in the BOM (https://zlobmodular.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/skewfadelfo_23_bom .pdf)

One LFO without the mod, and one with:

onurkalaycioglu
sorry for the confusion in the BOM, i actually dont use a red-green led or that one listed in the BOM. i use a red-blue so the module is designed for use with that particular led i get from "nixie-king" on ebay. the led for the red blue is 20k because the blue is really bright. glad you figured it out, i will update the bom, and say to use a 1k in place of the 20k for the red-green.
patched
onurkalaycioglu wrote:
sorry for the confusion in the BOM, i actually dont use a red-green led or that one listed in the BOM. i use a red-blue so the module is designed for use with that particular led i get from "nixie-king" on ebay. the led for the red blue is 20k because the blue is really bright. glad you figured it out, i will update the bom, and say to use a 1k in place of the 20k for the red-green.

No problem, I figured it was something like that!
Btw, will the entropy be available at thonk again any time soon? I've been having my eyes on it, it looks like such a good module we're not worthy
Orgia Mode
LEDs are a tough part to put on boards, at least imo. Like you figured out, the brightness from one color to the next is dramatically different and even so, one user may want brighter LEDs.

... good idea though. If I do put LEDs on my future boards, I may choose to add a THT resistor for user modification.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1