4x Clock Divider > 4x EG > 4x VCF/VCA (low hp options?

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

tr34tm3nt
Learning to Wiggle

4x Clock Divider > 4x EG > 4x VCF/VCA (low hp options?

Post by tr34tm3nt » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:44 pm

I'm somewhat new to modular and trying to gain some extra room in my almost full 204hp case. Wondering if you guys know any lower HP options for this module combo I like using.

4ms Quad Clock Distributor > 4ms Quad Pingable LFO in envelope mode > WMD Quad Attenuation > Sputnik Modular Quad VCF/VCA.

I've considered swapping the 4ms Quad Clock Distributor for a 4ms Rotating Clock Divider, but I've really grown accustom to turning a knob for divisions instead of re-patching cables.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

cg_funk
Wiggling with Experience

Re: 4x Clock Divider > 4x EG > 4x VCF/VCA (low hp opti

Post by cg_funk » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:15 pm

tr34tm3nt wrote:I'm somewhat new to modular and trying to gain some extra room in my almost full 204hp case. Wondering if you guys know any lower HP options for this module combo I like using.

4ms Quad Clock Distributor > 4ms Quad Pingable LFO in envelope mode > WMD Quad Attenuation > Sputnik Modular Quad VCF/VCA.

I've considered swapping the 4ms Quad Clock Distributor for a 4ms Rotating Clock Divider, but I've really grown accustom to turning a knob for divisions instead of re-patching cables.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Hmm. I use a similar signal path often:

Integra Solum > Batumi > MI Blinds

Not exactly what you are looking for, but similar in some ways.

Intellijel has a sweet-looking quad-envelope module coming out very soon. Maybe look into a Quadrax instead of Batumi.

I don't know of any direct replacement for the quad VCF/VCA.. but maybe just get some different filters in small HP format.
Modulargrid: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1069607

The last session I recorded in the USA before relocating to Denmark:
https://soundcloud.com/mod_gene/zone-overture

wtk
Learning to Wiggle

Re: 4x Clock Divider > 4x EG > 4x VCF/VCA (low hp options?

Post by wtk » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:15 pm

if x8 and /8 is enough range for you then maybe worth considering jakplugg's twiigs (dual branches). With twigs firmware flashed on both sides it turns into handy 4x clock divider/multipier, in 8hp and with fader or cv control

smithjohn
Common Wiggler

Post by smithjohn » Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:06 am

You could get 2x Takaab 2LPG, Meng Qi DPLPG or Make Noise LxD to replace the Sputnik Quad VCA/VCF but would lose the mode switches and summing. Those options would also be less spacious than the Sputnik.

One option could be the Future Sound Systems VAC1 quad passive LPG (6hp) and a small mixer.

Rigo
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Rigo » Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:56 am

Do you need all the knobs ? You could replace the envelope by the Doepfer A-142-4 Quad Decay, and use the A-132-4 Quad VCA.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”