Astronomical Dusk - a monthly web radio show

A place to post links to your music, upload tracks and promote yourself.

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

Buttons ARE toys
Wiggling with Experience

Astronomical Dusk - a monthly web radio show

Post by Buttons ARE toys » Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:02 am

Astronomical Dusk is a web radio show I'll be putting on monthly through the rest of 2020 and possibly beyond. Each episode will air at astronomical dusk as it occurs in Portsmouth, Virginia, and be made up of music, field recordings, sketches, public domain audio mashups, and more. You can tune in any time once an episode goes live, but my official recommendation is to wait until astronomical dusk falls in your area!

The moon up there will link you to the site if you want to see more. Check out the schedule for upcoming episodes. I'll update this thread as new ones approach, as well. Episodes will air each solstice and equinox, and roughly equidistant between them.

Episode 1, Spiral Alignments, aired this past Saturday at 6:25 pm EST:

Astronomical Dusk - a web radio show of synthetic delights and collected oddities. Airs monthly at astronomical dusk.

Wartimetapestry
Common Wiggler

Re: Astronomical Dusk - a monthly web radio show

Post by Wartimetapestry » Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:46 am

Sounds interesting, thanks for the heads up. I'll give it a listen once normal service resumes in January.

Buttons ARE toys
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Buttons ARE toys » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:54 am

Episode 2, Them Grasshoppers

This here? This is the place. The real action. Get turned on. Make the scene. Surrender your dignity and depth perception as you shake this square world and blast off for Kicksville.

Astronomical Dusk - a web radio show of synthetic delights and collected oddities. Airs monthly at astronomical dusk.

Buttons ARE toys
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Buttons ARE toys » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:48 pm

Episode 3, Destination Earth, airs tomorrow, 2/22 at 7:18 pm EST. I hope your flesh bodies are ready :mygod:

Buttons ARE toys
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Buttons ARE toys » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:18 pm

DESTINATION EARTH

If it looks like a snake, and it crawls like a snake, and if it buzzes like a bee, and it buzzes like a fly, then you might have a 9 foot tall mantis on your hands. Are they here to control us? clone us? rob our graves? or perhaps they only wish to help us realize our true potential as galactic beings. No matter the aim, their destination is Earth. Put on your titanium jewelry and prepare to learn all the shocking facts.

Dragonaut
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Dragonaut » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:33 pm

Interested to check this out. Keep bumping this thread!
https://soundcloud.com/acaciabridge (IDM, Ambient, Bass, Downtempo)
www.instagram.com/dr_science_phd (synths, hikes, and views.)

Buttons ARE toys
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Buttons ARE toys » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:43 pm

Episode 4 - HYPNAGOGIA SUITE 1

Tonight's is a special dusk. A narrow beach where the moonlit waves of sleep meet the sunny beaches of your waking mind. As we pass through the vernal equinox, take note of the sights and sounds that swirl before you, where the water meets the sand, in this hypnagogic episode of Astronomical Dusk.

Illwiggle
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Illwiggle » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:57 am

I've listened to the first 2 pgms & I must say they are fantastic. All is very well put together & it just feels great. I will certainly peep the rest
Good stuff Sir!
:yay:

Buttons ARE toys
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Buttons ARE toys » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:15 pm

Episode 5 - HOW TO DO WHAT YOU DO

To do what you do, you must first learn how to. But how do you? For tonight's episode of Astronomical Dusk, we've assembled the top experts from many different fields to share their coveted wisdom. Whether you want to learn how to get revenge on your enemies, master the space-age technology of the inline skate, harvest the elusive finger bones of the deceased, or much more, there's sure to be invaluable knowledge and advice in this episode for you.

Buttons ARE toys
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Buttons ARE toys » Sat May 23, 2020 9:50 pm

Episode 6 - WHERE THERE'S QUIET

Where is there quiet? Perhaps it's to be found in portions of the Northwestern United States, blanketed by a hydrogenic mist. Or maybe in a classroom where everyone does their part. Maybe you can only find it when surrounded by strange grey wedges. Wherever it is, it's best to go there after dusk.

Return to “Your Tunes Here”