MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Blacet dual filter
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author Blacet dual filter
gnombient
Does anyone know if Blacet plans to re-release this module at some point? I missed it the first time around... If not, are there any comparable modules by other makers floating around?
Cat-A-Tonic
I doubt that one will resurface.
You could always ask Blacet if he has a PCB left over though.

I remember someone saying that the core of those filters is similar to that of the Filthy Filtre, but don't know if there is any truth to it.

If you just need 2 state variable filters in a 2FU space,
then I would recommend a pair of the BugBrand SV Filter.
It is bananas only at this time though, and it does not self-oscillate.

If you do DIY there are a lot more options.
You could squeeze a Jaguar SSM2044 in 1FU.
http://www.somaticcircuits.com/jaguar.htm
The Jim Patchell filter from MMM is another option.
DGTom
Cat-A-Tonic wrote:
I would recommend a pair of the BugBrand SV Filter.

hmmm..... mine self oscillates like a muthabitch! Its kind of freq. dependant... but it makes killer basslines thumbs up
Cat-A-Tonic
DGTom wrote:
Cat-A-Tonic wrote:
I would recommend a pair of the BugBrand SV Filter.

hmmm..... mine self oscillates like a muthabitch! Its kind of freq. dependant... but it makes killer basslines thumbs up

Mine is a beta version.
Maybe things have changed in more recent runs.
BananaPlug
The the BugBrand SV Filter and the Blacet are pretty different (both great). Bug's is a full featured VC filter with a lot of character. The Blacet dual filter has no VC at all but it's very neutral and has input attenuators and a staggering amount of Q (adjustable - you have to be careful). It's great for selectively dialing in a little more of some special freq band in a complex sound or even getting wump wump wump very lo freq ringing off of a pulse. Nice for noise, with the level low and the Q high.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1