MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

What are Wiard 1200 modules worth nowadays?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author What are Wiard 1200 modules worth nowadays?
Bricks
Boogie and Borg and NoiseRing in particular.

Also, is the Malekko stuff generally considered identical?
Babaluma
as much as someone is willing to pay for them?

lol

they were all around $300 when new, the prices are still up on the wiard site. but i'm pretty sure they are out of production now, so maybe some people would be willing to pay more for them?

i got crafty/lucky a couple of years ago, and sold an original frac JAG and Joystick, and made nearly enough to replace them with a 311 Controller!
anadeji
just sold a borg for retail value to cop a dual borg 300 series

all hail the dark master Dead Banana
Ekofisk
Yes, he did. hihi

I am also wondering whether there is a difference between Malekko/Wiard and the frac-stuff.

I bought a Noisering last year for 250USD, I think, 300 for anadeji's Borg, and placed a fairly high bid for consumed's blue Borg a couple of weeks ago.

I'm guessing retail value plus. Not a lot, but slightly higher than retail.
consumed
although i did not perform a side-by-side comparison of the malekko borg2 with the wiard borg2 (but having a familiarity with the wiard borg2's characteristics), i immediately noticed a difference/unfamiliarity with the malekko when i played with it.
Babaluma
the face plates on the wiard 1200 series cost grant $110 a piece...

apart from the cosmetic differences between the face plates and PCBs, i have no idea if the internals are different. vactrols always sound different anyway, (my two boogies and two borg2s sound different from each other), so it might be had to tell.

i know the 300 and 1200 series were both designed with maximum longevity on mind...
Muff Wiggler
I wonder what my blue Boogie highpass is worth, it's the only one in existance.

I'm never going to find out though

Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard
Ekofisk
On a slightly different note, would Malekkos be fine at 15v?
Muff Wiggler
probably would, cv input tracking on vcf's might need recalibration though, not difficult

personally i would get grant or josh to comment before i tried though
3vcos
Muff Wiggler wrote:

Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard

Drunken Homer Simpson

Never maintain cash savings again
Babaluma
3vcos wrote:
Muff Wiggler wrote:

Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard

Drunken Homer Simpson

or my black 310A 2u controller, also the only one in existence i think, and i am also never gonna find out. wink
3vcos
Babaluma wrote:
3vcos wrote:
Muff Wiggler wrote:

Wiard Wiard Wiard Wiard

Drunken Homer Simpson

or my black 310A 2u controller, also the only one in existence i think, and i am also never gonna find out. wink

Never maintain cash savings again waah
Bricks
I'm vaguely tempted to go all Euro, mostly in an effort to be easily portable... but the frac borg/boogie/noisering/encore freq shifter are pretty incredible.

Their depths are notably shallow, but I'd have to figure out a power solution. Seems like a pain if I could just go Malekko / E360.

I'm in one of those "lets shake things up" phases.

Fueled by the same part of my brain that wants me to get rid of the Machinedrum. Maybe I'll just snap and do it someday.
Cat-A-Tonic
Bricks wrote:
Boogie and Borg and NoiseRing in particular.

Also, is the Malekko stuff generally considered identical?

To quote Malekko's homepage:
Quote:
Malekko is thrilled to offer the Wiard Borg 2 Filter. Sanctioned by Grant Richter of Wiard Synthesizer Company, this module is exactly the same as the original 1213A, only in 12hp eurorack format.
Malekko is thrilled to offer the Wiard Boogie Filter. Sanctioned by Grant Richter of Wiard Synthesizer Company, this module is exactly the same as the original 1212A, only in 12hp eurorack format.
Malekko is thrilled to offer the Wiard NoiseRing in eurorack format. Sanctioned by Grant Richter of Wiard Synthesizer Company, this module is the same as the original Model 1210, only in 14hp eurorack format.
+ the Malekko version of the Noise Ring has clock in.

The pots and board layout are different.
Euro versions are even shallower than the already shallow Frac.
The same type of vactrols are used in both Euro & Frac versions. Silonex optoisolators, I believe.
The 1200 series do have beautiful panels, and were hand-built by the master though.
sandyb
Cat-A-Tonic wrote:
+ the Malekko version of the Noise Ring has clock in...

one of my frac ones has this.
(hides)

i wish the other one did too.
chamomileshark
I thought I paid $399 for the blue Noisering.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1