the original mini-milton.

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

Post Reply
User avatar
wetterberg
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 7673
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:31 pm
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark.

the original mini-milton.

Post by wetterberg » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:10 am

just found this pic:
Image
and this is pretty much what I'd want to build into my sequencer - with a bit of a squeeze it could almost be three rows, even.

I calculate roughly 36 HP - not too shabby I think!

User avatar
Leisure Cove
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 735
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:35 am
Location: Asheville

Post by Leisure Cove » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:11 am

Pendulum control? :love: :love: :love:

A bit of a rookie question here: the trigger outputs would get plugged into something like a gate/trigger combiner (Doepfer's A-186, for example), right? Just trying to plan ahead for the day the Mini Milton is released and want to make sure I've got my bases covered!

User avatar
felix
Loves the manuals!
Posts: 3865
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:05 am
Location: San Jose, CA

Post by felix » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:28 pm

AH, the Direction input on the 21C makes sense now.

I was kinda hoping it was going to be voltage controlled stage addressing, I see now it's simply control over forwards/backwards playback of the sequence.

Sad panda.
dress yourself for the public. you now must exit your home and acquire a dental mirror and lubrication!
i recommend a hat, or a helmet. if a helmet, ensure that it is both convincing and unbiased. -citizen mori
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/78959
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/225002
https://jimdrones.bandcamp.com

User avatar
wetterberg
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 7673
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:31 pm
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark.

Post by wetterberg » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:32 pm

yeah, it does seem like this original is lacking an output or two ;)

Generally the "combined trigger output" is the same as the pulses coming in, so I'd just mult that - if you had this device.

however, on the coming mini milton OB CLK output would take care of that summing I'm sure.

User avatar
wetterberg
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 7673
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:31 pm
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark.

Post by wetterberg » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:33 pm

felix wrote:AH, the Direction input on the 21C makes sense now.

I was kinda hoping it was going to be voltage controlled stage addressing, I see now it's simply control over forwards/backwards playback of the sequence.

Sad panda.
that's what I am planning on doing for my sequencer project - the design is slowly settling now, and it will indeed be fully voltage controlled stage addressing, allowing you to basically use the sequencer for digital waveshaping as well, along a LOT of other things - like an analogue miniwave.

User avatar
plord
Wacky for Wiard Wiggler
Posts: 1778
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:52 am
Location: Charlotte, VT

Post by plord » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:38 pm

wetterberg wrote:that's what I am planning on doing for my sequencer project - the design is slowly settling now, and it will indeed be fully voltage controlled stage addressing, allowing you to basically use the sequencer for digital waveshaping as well, along a LOT of other things - like an analogue miniwave.
Or, like a Sequantizer :) Exactly like, in fact.

In terms of pendulum control, you can get that with a CGS sequential switch and a Binary Zone :party:

User avatar
wetterberg
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 7673
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:31 pm
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark.

Post by wetterberg » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:47 pm

plord wrote:
wetterberg wrote:that's what I am planning on doing for my sequencer project - the design is slowly settling now, and it will indeed be fully voltage controlled stage addressing, allowing you to basically use the sequencer for digital waveshaping as well, along a LOT of other things - like an analogue miniwave.
Or, like a Sequantizer :) Exactly like, in fact.
oh yeah! Funny, mr. Grant really isn't all that good at conveying his message on a website...! I've looked at that rig a bazillion times, hehe.

Anyway, the design I'm doing sort of straddles between the Sequantizer and the Serge Programmer - Built-in glide control (of the Wiard) and Several rows (of the Programmer)
plord wrote: In terms of pendulum control, you can get that with a CGS sequential switch and a Binary Zone :party:
Or a trianglewave sent to the Sequantizer :)

Post Reply

Return to “Eurorack Modules”