MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Metasonix Modules
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Metasonix Modules
brandon daniel
Eric just posted a pic over at DeviantSynth:

http://www.deviantsynth.com/2008/11/25/sorry-for-the-quiet-time/

So, I wonder how he decided to solve the power supply conundrum?

Ah, now I see that he's got his own sub-section and a post there about it:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2262

I just assumed since it's a euro module we'd talk about it here...
wetterberg
dougcl
Awesome
dkcg
That's gonna be a hot module, but looks like not for the suitcase people.
futuresoundsystems
Wow, nice one Eric!!!
thermionicjunky
It doesn't seem like the tubes will protrude that much ( they seem like stubby little pentodes, and the board should have standoffs for all of those components), and I don't think those tubes need the 5v supply, either. It shouldn't be too hard to integrate.
Cybananna
dkcg wrote:

I don't know, unless i'm looking at it wrong, I don't think it will be very deep.

I hope it fits in the 100P Doepfer case.
brandon daniel
dkcg wrote:

Why not? The board looks to mount parallel to the faceplate (hence the holes for the tubes, where would the suitcases have an issue? Looks about as deep as a cwejman ;0)
Kent
Oh, there isn't much depth at all to that thing. It'll easily fit in a Doepfer case. Just look at the height of where the bushings are on the potentiometers.
A Dingleberry Monstrosity
so many people will get burned SlayerBadger!

not in that bad way, where you get ripped off, but in the "OW FUCK DAMNIT!!!" way hihi
tragedybysyntax
Wish it had a magic eye tube like on the S-1000.... lol
Kent
But a magic eye would add the color green to Euro-rig and the vanilla bland assclown crowd would stay away in droves! razz
a100user
That is soooooo sweet.

Really looking forward to have bright yellow panels in my rig hyper
dougcl
This is going to be a feeding frenzy.
SoundPool
really hope there is a tube VCO soon. would love to be able to get those Bastard Noise style tube screeches out of my modular
thermionicjunky
SoundPool wrote:
really hope there is a tube VCO soon. would love to be able to get those Bastard Noise style tube screeches out of my modular

I'm most excited by the VCO, but it sounds like it will take some time for that one to get crammed into such a relatively small module. Initially, I think we're going to get a few modules which are easy to implement in order to establish Metasonix in the modular world. It will be painful to hang on to my money if it takes a long time, but I don't think I have a choice these days.
Kent
Outside of the Wretch, aren't all of the TM and TX units modules already? At least in my they are in my 'not confined to a format' brain.
thermionicjunky
Kent wrote:
Outside of the Wretch, aren't all of the TM and TX units modules already? At least in my they are in my 'not confined to a format' brain.

Well, sure, in a way. It seems that there are plenty of people who avoided them because of the power and racking issues. I built my system around them, so I don't care (love the TM-R), but many people won't go outside of their format. Once it became clear that Eric was open to the DIY versions, I guess that I went down that road a bit myself, pushing for MOTM. I'm really just thrilled to be seeing new modules.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1