Company Customer Service

From circuitbending to homebrew stompboxes & synths, keep the DIY spirit alive!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

Studioalethea
Common Wiggler

Company Customer Service

Post by Studioalethea » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:25 pm

Hey all!

I have been having some pretty bad customer service experiences with a handful of synth companies. Is that normal?

I don’t really want to just put people on blast, but one company took four tries to get me the correct PCB that I ordered. Another didn’t explain the details of a sale and didn’t honor the posting. On top of taking ages. They even basically told me that my business wasn’t really needed because they have plenty. Now I am having issues with a sale code not working and not even being able to respond to the CSRs email without going back into a form.

I will say that I have had a good experience with ModularAddict so far. And Tayda is crazy fast.. almost like a Mouser.

Where do you all go for stuff? I know these are small companies with just a few people behind each one, but I am struggling with just some basics on this one.

emmaker
Wiggling with Experience

Re: Company Customer Service

Post by emmaker » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:22 pm

I use to buy stuff from individuals and that was sometimes a pain with long waits, I'll send it out tomorrow with another long wait. But it never got to the point where there really bad or critical. Now I mainly use Synthcube for boards and panels. They have been great and the couple of times I've had issues they were immediately take care of. Parts are mainly from Mouser and if they don't have it Digikey.

Jay S.

Return to “Music Tech DIY”