MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

PlanB ASR + Doepfer PLL + STG Wavefolder
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author PlanB ASR + Doepfer PLL + STG Wavefolder
dkcg
The frequencies are generated by the PlanB ASR with a divided LFO signal to change it every 4 beats or so (I forget). The ASR is using the ringmod output of the D-LFO for the CV. The PLL tracks the M15, and its output is used to sync a few other oscillators. It sounds like there is ringmod, but I'm pretty sure that's all the wavefolder and some EQing.

I did a few more patches after this one, but this is where I discovered how cool the Wavefolder is. It's acting like a distorting VCA here. I forget exactly what was going on, but it features the wavefolder, ASR and some PLL.
Soy Sos
Man, that sounds fantastic!
dkcg
Thanks. I'm paying back DougCL for selling me on the PLL. Maybe he needs a wavefolder? lol
Chuck E. Jesus
sounds cool...what wave folder are you using?

(welcome to the PLL Love Club)
dkcg
STG in euro format. I don't know how I lived w/o it.

And that track was last night after I just got it and took almost two hours to drive home because people in LA don't know how to drive when it's a tiny bit wet. So only a couple hours on it so far, that and the PLL (which is also very fucking cool). hihi

I can't wait to patch it up some more. the wavefolder seems to work on LFOs too, can't quite put my finger on what it does to LFOs, but it does something kinda cool, feels almost like it swings time when controlling filters...
brandon daniel
Really making me miss my modular, here.
Cybananna
sounds really cool. nice work!

The STG wavefolder as a VCA is great isn't it! w00t
tragedybysyntax
jesus f.... i'm ordering the stg wavefolder in euro this week! lol.
Chuck E. Jesus
dkcg wrote:
STG in euro format. I don't know how I lived w/o it.

i figured that out like ten seconds after i posted, forgot that's euro as well now d'oh!
dkcg
Cybananna wrote:
sounds really cool. nice work!

The STG wavefolder as a VCA is great isn't it! w00t

it's the weirdest VCA in my setup. Have you tried sending LFOs through it? It does some weird cool stuff. Not sure if it was designed for LFOs, but the fold mix sounds almost like it can swing time forwards or backwards when I used it with a filter last night.

And after a little further use of the PLL...what a cool way to create an accompanyment. I had it tracking my FR REvolution's triangle out, syncing an oscillator, and sending the pulse through a VCA and filter. When it looses tracking, it seems to stay in key, and if i were an EE genius I could tell you why, but my guess is it drops down or up to the next octave and the imperfect tracking gives it a nice voice that doesn't just double the primary melody out the Revolution. I think I'll do a vid for the PLL this weekend and using it as an accompaniment tool. A few more things I gotta figure out in the PLL, and I guess I should read the manuals.
Cybananna
No, I haven't yet. If I get time I will tonight. hyper

Yea, it would be cool if you did a video for the PLL. I've never looked into it.

It sounds like it can do some weird things.
parasitk
If you set the gain on the wave folder to about noon, then send a LFO into the gain amount you can get some really nice burbly textures. I think I like modulating that more than the offset, actually.
dkcg
parasitk wrote:
If you set the gain on the wave folder to about noon, then send a LFO into the gain amount you can get some really nice burbly textures. I think I like modulating that more than the offset, actually.

The offset modulation by itself it ok, but I really liked how the filter started modulating when I would twist it from pos to neg manually. I'm sure I could patch up something that has an LFO doing that for me in the signal itself with the M14 CV processor, but I liked how it felt like it was changing the groove, and swinging it pos and neg. But who knows if it really was, might have just been my perception and not my ears. I love mindfucks like that. lol
parasitk
Lately I've been sending two LFOs into the Wave Folder at different rates - makes for some nice changing drone timbres.

But I do know what you mean re: "modulating time" grin
Cybananna
yep, lfo(s) through the wavefolder is fun.
dougcl
dkcg wrote:

And after a little further use of the PLL...what a cool way to create an accompanyment. I had it tracking my FR REvolution's triangle out, syncing an oscillator, and sending the pulse through a VCA and filter. When it looses tracking, it seems to stay in key, and if i were an EE genius I could tell you why, but my guess is it drops down or up to the next octave and the imperfect tracking gives it a nice voice that doesn't just double the primary melody out the Revolution.

Exactly. It's great for this. If you have something you're getting a little bored with, send part of it through the PLL and see what it does with it. It's like having a drunk bass player in the band. Nice work, by the way!
dkcg
dougcl wrote:
It's like having a drunk bass player in the band. Nice work, by the way!

exactly! He's a little slow sometimes and his hearing goes bad til you turn up his hearing aid or filter out the noise for him. lol
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1