Novation Launchpad Pro MK3

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

BogartDestructo
Common Wiggler

Novation Launchpad Pro MK3

Post by BogartDestructo » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:54 am

Had a quick look but couldn't find any posts about this so thought id start one.

Just pulled the trigger on one of these as it looks like the perfect standalone sequencer/controller to interface with my Octatrack/Prophet 6 (mmmm poly aftertouch!)/Eurorack (via CV.OCD)

I used to use Ableton quite a lot but now I work completely out of the box, so i never thought id be eyeing a Launchpad but damn this thing looks super for an all-hardware setup!

Has anybody picked one up yet and if so what are your thoughts?

suboptimal
A Towering Mediocrity

Re: Novation Launchpad Pro MK3

Post by suboptimal » Thu May 07, 2020 1:51 pm

Since going back to an Ableton-centric recording philosophy I've been hamstrung by a lack of transport control available at my hardware. This looks like a great solution, along with having usefulness the rest of the time when I'm not using Ableton (most of the time, frankly).

Any users here?

blakeq
Common Wiggler

Post by blakeq » Sat May 09, 2020 8:01 am

I would love to hear anyone's experience as well...

smurf
Common Wiggler

Post by smurf » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:08 pm

Hi
I just got one. So I made a bunch of clips on a couple of tracks... played around with launching the clips in session view of the launchpad.... all good fun.... tried print to live or whatever.... then when I went back to add to some of the clips by going into note mode on the lauchpad...it startted playing a lot of random notes - almost as if the drum clip I printed was overwriting the melodic clips... so not switching to to contents of the clip - when I switched to notes mode. Not sure what's going on - must admit haven't touched live in a while.Let me know if you have an idea - thanks!

smurf
Common Wiggler

Post by smurf » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:20 pm

should say was all just live midi devices

Return to “General Gear”