MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Banana Frac PM Timetable
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author Banana Frac PM Timetable
DGTom
Following on from;

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22942&highlight=

I'm wondering how much interest there would be for a Banana Frac version?

it'd be a little wider than the euro, but there are a few things that won't fit in euro-land that could go on the Frac panel.

Should be able to make it shallow enough to fit in a bugbrand rack, the panels would have to be bespoke - so Acrylic or Etched depending on cost / demand.

if there is interest I'd make about 5, cost would be similar to euro, but maybe a little more to cover the panels... gimmie a shout if you think you might want one thumbs up
Ekofisk
Fantastic! Count me in for one!

As for the panel, I think I would like the panel to be in a similar vein to the VILFO.

Of course, a Bug-version would be great ... just sayin'.

It's peanut butter jelly time!
Cat-A-Tonic
First off, let me say SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! salute to DGTom and Pittsburgh Modular.
This looks awesome.
DGTom wrote:
but there are a few things that won't fit in euro-land that could go on the Frac panel.

What might that be?

Is there going to be a barebones or DIY version available?
Sir Ruff
Definitely looks rad.

Would this be banana only? or any change of mini-jacks?

And any idea what thecurrent euro cost is?
radams
Absolutely- a Bug version would be fantastic -
DGTom
For mini-jacks... I could be convinced thumbs up
I just want to do this because I love Frac (& bananas)

Alot of details still have to be nailed down, I just wanted to see
if there was interest.

Cat-A-Tonic wrote:
DGTom wrote:
but there are a few things that won't fit in euro-land that could go on the Frac panel.

What might that be?

Just things that would usually be 'set & forget' but if there is panel space - why not? Mr. Green (trimpots maybe, some jumpers/switches)

Cat-A-Tonic wrote:
Is there going to be a barebones or DIY version available?

If there is & people just wanted to get a frac panel that would cool as well - the more panels, the merrier.

Ekofisk wrote:
As for the panel, I think I would like the panel to be in a similar vein to the VILFO.

For sure, I really dig the Pittsburgh Modular look, so it'll be in keeping with that... maybe an evil knob change Flamey
dan_p
interested in this for a BugBrand rack.

thumbs up
UMBRA77
I'd also be interested if it fit into a Bugbrand rack!
Norman_Phay
I'd be v interested in one of these, but would like to supply my own frac panel to match my other frac gear, is this possible?
tragedybysyntax
I'd like one without the panel wink
scozbor
i'd be down for a barebones with no panel thumbs up
BugBrand
Very interesting!
Would like to hear more details really, but..

We should have a chat about getting panels done!
DGTom
applause hyper
The barebones / kit end is up to Amphonic... its a real PITA module to wire up, but hardened SDIY vets shouldn't have a problem.

For the banana fracs, i'll be doing those by hand, so the extra space(s) can be "filled to order" depending on the final layout.
So, unity gain mixers, logic, gate to trigger... utility stuff to suit.
BananaPlug
Quote:
I'm wondering how much interest there would be for a Banana Frac version?

Not to be rude or anything but what does it do that I can't do more intentionally with dividers and logic gates? The Pittsburgh folks could do a much better job of explaining that. Posting additional samples demonstrating a range of possible results would be good too. The info that's been released so far and the one sample in that other post are not quite enough.
DGTom
thats a fair question, I suspect a video would help illustrate what it does as well - its always hard writing about or trying to "hear" what these kinds control modules do.

To patch the VC Pattern side of the TT up you'd need a counter - which can be clocked from either a positive or negative going pulse - an ADC, 4 ANDs & 4 XORs. That would get you most of the way there. It'd also be alot of patching & fiddling to get it optimized. Then you'd need a DAC, a mixer, a comparator & an integrator to get the CV outs.

I'm not sure how many people would have all of these elements available at once in their systems. I guess the idea is to combine something comman place with something a little odd. I think the Mode & Flip controls alone put the TT outside of what regular dividers can do.

If you don't need a standard divider you can swap the AND gates for XOR or XNORs & get patterns which aren't divisions but are related & in sync with the clock input.
BananaPlug
DGTom wrote:
I think the Mode & Flip controls alone put the TT outside of what regular dividers can do.

As far as I can make out you haven't said anything about what mode and flip do. You've just said they are gate inputs.
DGTom
I'll write up a full list of what everything does & post it in the euro thread, but,

mode; the 2nd divider (A/B/C/D outputs) is run in parallel or seris with the main divider (outputs 1/2/3/4)

flip; the 2nd divider is clocked by either a positive or negative going pulse

the switches select between modes & external control.
DGTom
I've posted some details over in the euro thread, no doubt i missed some detail or another...

BananaPlug wrote:
DGTom wrote:
I think the Mode & Flip controls alone put the TT outside of what regular dividers can do.

As far as I can make out you haven't said anything about what mode and flip do. You've just said they are gate inputs.

I just wanted to add that I didn't intend the quoteage above to sound like hyperbole... I don't think this module is for everyone, it performs some fairly niche tasks, but, i've piled as much flexability into it as I could & i'm sure others will get it to do things I havn't thought of.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1