MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

SLIDE BASS
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author SLIDE BASS
SPUDBOY WILSON
TODAY ....
I bought a squire fretless bass.

I was very inspired by Mark Sandmans slide bass playing.
Sandman was best known as the lead singer and slide bass player of the band Morphine.
As a personal playing slide guitar since the early 70's , I seem attracted to all things slide.
i brought it home tuned or untuned it and began slippin' and a sliding
mmmmm nice .
the sales person whom I have a long working relationship with sold the bass for half, the already market down price $148.00.

I recorded the test run and thought my slide positioning was off at first the sound.. the sound really cool ( at some point flat wound strings will be added )
this all my seem very strange, seriously, i just don't get it but it sure is fun It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners Rockin' Banana!
tuj
So lets hear some!
SPUDBOY WILSON
well......it's easier than I though, however, now having put flat wounds on it ,
and ah well practice, practice, practice,

recording a bass is new to me and I'm working on finding what I want, like and what does and doesn't work
Babaluma
mwah mwah mwah!

i usually prefer the sound of bass through a really clean d.i.

always wanted a fretless!
SPUDBOY WILSON
I am recording using a M-Audio Firewire 410 audio interface.
RECORD by Proppelerheads is the recording software.
the mixer is supposed to be

the legendary SSL 9000k analog mixing desk. Flexible routing, full dynamics, EQ, advanced effects handling, full automation and a 64-bit mix bus gives you that big studio sound right out of your computer.

lots of stuff on each channel that I have never seen before regarding eq and dynamics (another opportunity to learn some new things )[/i]
futuresoundsystems
Now just learn some Mick Karn:

SPUDBOY WILSON
eeeww! more than just a pretty haircut
thanks for the tip thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1