MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

2x 12BH7 oscillator
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author 2x 12BH7 oscillator
Chrome Dinette
I haven't built anything for a while, but I found this easy and fast project here:

http://electro-music.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=209121#209121

I used 24vdc and added extra, switchable capacitors to vary the range of the oscillators.

youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67_C_lVa7ZA
Kent
Hey, if it is 24VDC can one run it off of the +/- 12VDC that Eurorack provides?
Cat-A-Tonic
Crystal radio sets used variable capacitors that are continuous like a potentiometer.
I always thought it would be cool to use one of those as a super range control.

I understand in this situation you are just switching between low and high, and then fine tuning with the 100k pots.

It looks like a cool little noise maker, but without voltage control of freq. I don't feel all that inspired to build one (especially with my hulking backlog).
Soy Sos
Pittsburgh Guitars cable in pic #2 haha!
You're playing tomorrow @ Gooskies?
Around what time does your band hit?
Chrome Dinette
I think we are on first.
Chrome Dinette
Cat-A-Tonic wrote:
Crystal radio sets used variable capacitors that are continuous like a potentiometer.
I always thought it would be cool to use one of those as a super range control.

I understand in this situation you are just switching between low and high, and then fine tuning with the 100k pots.

It looks like a cool little noise maker, but without voltage control of freq. I don't feel all that inspired to build one (especially with my hulking backlog).

I will probably build a keypad with trimpots to control this/make it more useful.

I am pretty sure the variable caps are mostly in the very low pf range, not sure how much adjustment that would give.
wetterberg
@Kent the orig. schematics dictate +12v, so you should be able to do that... just don't know how much it draws...
Kent
It seems quite 'doable'. Another project for the workbench!
Chrome Dinette
wetterberg wrote:
@Kent the orig. schematics dictate +12v, so you should be able to do that... just don't know how much it draws...

I was thinking the same thing. You could run one heater on each 12v rail. I'll stick a current meter in line later and see how much it draws total.
Chrome Dinette
Kent wrote:
It seems quite 'doable'. Another project for the workbench!

It was very easy/fast.

I mainly built this because I hadn't built anything for a while, it looked easy, and didn't require a high voltage supply(I am currently out of high voltage filter caps).
fluxmonkey
thanks for posting those samples... i'd seen the schemo and wondered what it'd sound like.

b
Soy Sos
BTW, I went to see Chrome Dinette's band the other night.
Cool band and dude has some seriously sick guitar tones!
Rock on!!
SlayerBadger!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1