Expert Sleepers disting EX

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

Post Reply
User avatar
os
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 12943
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:55 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by os » Thu May 21, 2020 2:17 pm




User avatar
scragz
Common Wiggler
Posts: 192
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:19 pm

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by scragz » Thu May 21, 2020 2:36 pm

rockstarartist wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 1:06 pm
Diabolik! wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 6:50 pm
has anyone who pre-ordered from Detroit Modular gotten their order?
Nope. I called them a couple of days ago, they told me they have a shipment in route but its stuck in customs. They told me it could be anyday, from tomorrow to next week.
Thanks for sharing so I don't have to nag them too. Also waiting.

User avatar
Diabolik!
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 261
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:26 pm

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by Diabolik! » Thu May 21, 2020 3:39 pm

yeah thanks for updating. they told me the same several weeks ago. i'm sure customs must be really backed up.

casciato
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:11 am

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by casciato » Thu May 21, 2020 6:12 pm

aragorn23 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 1:04 am
Similarly, has anyone who pre-ordered from Perfect Circuit gotten theirs?
I think someone earlier in this very thread got theirs from Perfect Circuit. I pre-ordered from PC six hours after announcement and haven't got mine yet. Here's the response I got back (after two emails, the second quite testy, over the course of five days.. )

PC response email (names removed, no other edits)

Thanks for writing in.

Truly understand. A bit tough to provide an accurate ETA from Expert Sleepers. They sent a very small shipment, but we are hoping to receive the bulk of the order soon.

With your payment, you are set in the pre-order queue to have your order fulfilled with our next shipment. Once order is shipped, tracking will be sent via email.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

User avatar
Zijnzijn Zijnzijn!
Common Wiggler
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:52 pm
Location: Cincinnati

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by Zijnzijn Zijnzijn! » Thu May 21, 2020 9:18 pm

Does the WAV recorder work for sampling non-midi/cv instruments? Like say if I want to record samples of my guitar, could I feed different notes of guitar audio into the Disting, which would then become a pack of WAVs ready to sample?

User avatar
os
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 12943
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:55 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by os » Fri May 22, 2020 2:24 am

Zijnzijn Zijnzijn! wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:18 pm
Does the WAV recorder work for sampling non-midi/cv instruments? Like say if I want to record samples of my guitar, could I feed different notes of guitar audio into the Disting, which would then become a pack of WAVs ready to sample?
You could, if you play your guitar every time you see the gate go high.

I plan to add more convenient support for sampling non-electronic instruments, based on starting recording at a trigger threshold for example.

User avatar
mcpepe
Common Wiggler
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by mcpepe » Fri May 22, 2020 12:02 pm

If I use the Disting EX with the MIDI breakout, can I use the MIDI out as a MIDI thru? So I can still use the same MIDI signal to sequence another modules...

User avatar
os
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 12943
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:55 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by os » Fri May 22, 2020 12:06 pm

Yes, if you enable it in the module settings.

User avatar
Zijnzijn Zijnzijn!
Common Wiggler
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:52 pm
Location: Cincinnati

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by Zijnzijn Zijnzijn! » Fri May 22, 2020 12:51 pm

os wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 2:24 am
You could, if you play your guitar every time you see the gate go high.

I plan to add more convenient support for sampling non-electronic instruments, based on starting recording at a trigger threshold for example.
This sounds perfect, hyped for it

User avatar
mcpepe
Common Wiggler
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by mcpepe » Sat May 23, 2020 3:41 am

Besides the Expert Sleepers MIDI breakout, are there any other compatible MIDI breakouts available from other companys? Maybe even directly a cable, so you don't need any HP space?

User avatar
os
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 12943
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:55 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by os » Sat May 23, 2020 3:48 am

http://www.xoxomodular.com/midixo.html

A cable would be an exceptionally easy DIY project. It's just wires.

User avatar
Umcorps
Will patch for food
Posts: 2377
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:33 am
Location: Currently unrecognisable

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by Umcorps » Sat May 23, 2020 3:57 am

mcpepe wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 3:41 am
Besides the Expert Sleepers MIDI breakout, are there any other compatible MIDI breakouts available from other companys? Maybe even directly a cable, so you don't need any HP space?
Its dead easy to DIY. I'm crap at DIY but even I managed to do it without burning myself or breaking anything.

You just need a couple of 5 pin DIN chassis mount female connectors (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00FX0DP22/) and a pack of jumper wires (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00OL6JZ3C)

Solder a wire each to pins 4 and 5 of the socket. Drill a 15mm diameter hole in the back of your case and screw the socket in place. Then connect the jumper cables to the appropriate pins on the Disting.

No hp required.


User avatar
synkrotron
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 763
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:48 pm
Location: Warrington UK
Contact:

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by synkrotron » Sat May 23, 2020 8:16 am

Umcorps wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 3:57 am
Solder a wire each to pins 4 and 5 of the socket. Drill a 15mm diameter hole in the back of your case and screw the socket in place. Then connect the jumper cables to the appropriate pins on the Disting.
Mmmm... I really must give that a try. Except for drilling a hole in my case... I seem to have a lot of spare HP at the moment... :)

User avatar
synkrotron
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 763
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:48 pm
Location: Warrington UK
Contact:

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by synkrotron » Sat May 23, 2020 9:16 am

Interesting...

I am probably going to go down the 3.5mm jack route and have a socket on a front panel.

Image

Image

I already have two of those adaptor cables that come with my BSP. So I just need to route around for a suitable way of connecting to the EX GT4 header. I'm hoping I can find something in my computer junk box...

User avatar
Dark Barn
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 433
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Contact:

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by Dark Barn » Sat May 23, 2020 12:19 pm

Diabolik! wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 6:50 pm
has anyone who pre-ordered from Detroit Modular gotten their order?
Looks like DetMod charged my CC today so maybe they are getting some in today?
I’ve been searchin’ for the dolphins in the sea

The Weak in Review: Poetic_stere0

ccx
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri May 15, 2020 1:28 pm

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by ccx » Sat May 23, 2020 2:50 pm

Dark Barn wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 12:19 pm
Looks like DetMod charged my CC today so maybe they are getting some in today?
When did you order? It took them a few days to process and charge my order at the beginning of the month, but I'm still waiting along with everyone else.

User avatar
Dark Barn
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 433
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Contact:

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by Dark Barn » Sat May 23, 2020 3:02 pm

ccx wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 2:50 pm
Dark Barn wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 12:19 pm
Looks like DetMod charged my CC today so maybe they are getting some in today?
When did you order? It took them a few days to process and charge my order at the beginning of the month, but I'm still waiting along with everyone else.
I ordered the day it was announced, but yes maybe I shouldn’t have taken this for a sign.
I’ve been searchin’ for the dolphins in the sea

The Weak in Review: Poetic_stere0

User avatar
Diabolik!
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 261
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:26 pm

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by Diabolik! » Sat May 23, 2020 4:41 pm

Dark Barn wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 3:02 pm
ccx wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 2:50 pm
Dark Barn wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 12:19 pm
Looks like DetMod charged my CC today so maybe they are getting some in today?
When did you order? It took them a few days to process and charge my order at the beginning of the month, but I'm still waiting along with everyone else.
I ordered the day it was announced, but yes maybe I shouldn’t have taken this for a sign.
they charged mine on the 24th of last month. not sure whats going on :despair:

i ordered because it was announced that they were "already at retailers and ready to ship". i understand customs delays, but its been a month

User avatar
MossGarden
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 390
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:50 pm
Location: Somewhere

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by MossGarden » Sat May 23, 2020 5:19 pm

Diabolik! wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 4:41 pm
Dark Barn wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 3:02 pm
ccx wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 2:50 pm
Dark Barn wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 12:19 pm
Looks like DetMod charged my CC today so maybe they are getting some in today?
When did you order? It took them a few days to process and charge my order at the beginning of the month, but I'm still waiting along with everyone else.
I ordered the day it was announced, but yes maybe I shouldn’t have taken this for a sign.
they charged mine on the 24th of last month. not sure whats going on :despair:

i ordered because it was announced that they were "already at retailers and ready to ship". i understand customs delays, but its been a month
I'd take into account that they're being produced and shipped from Scotland which is very much under full lockdown right now.

User avatar
Diabolik!
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 261
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:26 pm

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by Diabolik! » Sat May 23, 2020 6:06 pm

i understand that, and I think we've all been very patient considering current events. Still, they probably should have said "shipping to retailers soon" and not claimed that they were already at retailers ready to ship to customers.

User avatar
Shledge
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2974
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:47 pm
Location: UK

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by Shledge » Sat May 23, 2020 7:16 pm

Scotland is still under pretty heavy lockdown, so you likely won't hear anything until June at earliest. Frustrating but blame it on the virus :despair:

Pandemic is causing delays all over the place with deliveries in general too.

XiXora
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:39 am
Location: London, UK

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by XiXora » Sat May 23, 2020 8:05 pm

They definitely were ready. I've had mine for a couple of weeks now. That is a little unfair.

User avatar
starthief
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 4163
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:39 am
Location: St Louis, MO
Contact:

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by starthief » Sat May 23, 2020 8:14 pm

Some stores did have a few in stock right away, it's just that it wasn't really enough to meet demand. Production, shipping and customs are all slower right now.

User avatar
MossGarden
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 390
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:50 pm
Location: Somewhere

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by MossGarden » Sat May 23, 2020 9:14 pm

Demand was massive, I ordered mine the day it was announced but they have not reached matttech yet, they’re moving as quick as it is safe I imagine.

User avatar
deddylars
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:16 am
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Expert Sleepers disting EX

Post by deddylars » Sun May 24, 2020 5:24 am

aragorn23 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 1:04 am
Similarly, has anyone who pre-ordered from Perfect Circuit gotten theirs?
Mine was delivered on May 10th, but I can't be expected to know anything about it until May 10th.

Post Reply

Return to “Eurorack Modules”