Vermona DRM-1 MKIII in the year 2020

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

BugBrand
Knowledge of Bugs

Re: Vermona DRM-1 MKIII in the year 2020

Post by BugBrand » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:53 am

orangehexagon wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:51 pm
..I already have an Elektron Analog Rytm, but I sometimes struggle with how "boxy" everything sounds and often have a hard time getting my mixes where I like them...
Have you tried a nice compressor on it?
I remember when I was about to release my SComp, I did some shows with a guy who had an Elektron Octatrak and when he tried the SComp on it he wouldn't then give it back - it just brought everything to life!

Back to DRM1 mk3 - yes, always looked GREAT, tempted a fair few times..

chiasticon
Wiggling with Experience

Post by chiasticon » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:01 pm

I get the complaint that it's big. I have the same gripe about the Perfourmer. but they're worth finding a spot for because they sound so friggin' good. one benefit though is they're rack-able. sometimes it's easier to make space for vertically stacked gear...

one excellent record that's literally filled with DRM1 sounds is Luke Abbott's Holkham Drones (https://www.discogs.com/Luke-Abbott-Hol ... ter/269257). I believe he said he had to sell it after that record, because he was using it too much. and then he later re-purchased it, because it's just too damn good. :lol: anyway if you're on the fence, go listen to that record. also really highlights how much range you can get out of it by tweaking the sounds as you record.

orangehexagon
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by orangehexagon » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:39 pm

BugBrand wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:53 am
orangehexagon wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:51 pm
..I already have an Elektron Analog Rytm, but I sometimes struggle with how "boxy" everything sounds and often have a hard time getting my mixes where I like them...
Have you tried a nice compressor on it?
I remember when I was about to release my SComp, I did some shows with a guy who had an Elektron Octatrak and when he tried the SComp on it he wouldn't then give it back - it just brought everything to life!

Back to DRM1 mk3 - yes, always looked GREAT, tempted a fair few times..
I'd be happy to try out the BugBrand Stereo Compressor if you want to lend one to me. Happy to do a demo video as well ;-)
I've been lusting after the DRM2 for a long time... you really nailed it with that one.

I don't have any outboard compressors. My studio is in some ways very austere. I run everything through the Elektron Analog Heat and only occasionally add a touch of UAD compression on the way in.

Jaypee
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Jaypee » Mon May 04, 2020 2:37 am

... Couldn't resist and bought a DRM 1 mk III yesterday at a crazy price!

Will add trigger inputs (if anyone don't use trigger inputs and want to sell them, contact me pls).

That clap.... Pure love.
"Those aren't your daddy's waveforms " Cynthia Webster

gloamtrotter
Common Wiggler

Post by gloamtrotter » Wed May 20, 2020 1:11 pm

Jaypee wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 2:37 am
... Couldn't resist and bought a DRM 1 mk III yesterday at a crazy price!

Will add trigger inputs (if anyone don't use trigger inputs and want to sell them, contact me pls).

That clap.... Pure love.
Any luck tracking down trigger inputs?

Jaypee
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Jaypee » Thu May 21, 2020 1:57 am

Yes. From vermona, directly.
"Those aren't your daddy's waveforms " Cynthia Webster

Milanm
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Milanm » Thu May 21, 2020 5:23 am

Love mine. I had the triggers fitted but rarely use them as the machine responds so well to midi velocity, the sounds seem to change over the velocity spectrum.

Not sure why people are hating on the trigger ins not reacting to velocity, to my knowledge voltage sensitive triggers are few and far between.

Return to “General Gear”