MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Let's see your yellow.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix  
Author Let's see your yellow.
endmusik

Missing from this picture is a rack of TM-s and the M-1000 Mixer....

Been working with these all set up all day, needless to say it's pretty fucking awesome. Too much audio to go through and some video as well, hope to post something in the next week or so!

So come on and show us your vintage TS, TM, euro setups, let's see where the magic happens.
MY ASS IS BLEEDING
Suburban Bather
Nice and toasty setup Michael hihi

My R-60 is another case. I also have a D-1000, and I'll have a Wretch in few weeks SlayerBadger!

M-1000?....
endmusik
M1000: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17598

It's 4 TM5 circuits in a 4 channel rack mixer/summing box smile
thermionicjunky
Klopfgeist
R-52, R-53, R-54, and the RobotSpeak TM7 #2. Wretch in the coming weeks...

TrashWaveform
Modules in this case change a lot. But the yellow stays the same. This is bad considering there is so much room for more yellow. I want an Ass Blaster next. Well that is something I can realistically obtain even though I am far from obtaining it. I really want a Wretch and Fucking Fucker. twisted
zerosum
Klopfgeist
zerosum wrote:

What's that 5u Metasonix module in there?
zerosum
Quote:
What's that 5u Metasonix module in there?

Agonizer Agony!
joey

older pic of the euro, but there you go!
incekt
r51
Cheradenine
D Bondi
dronetaco
Here's where the magic happens:

it wails
krv
WOW this is a real beast, I thought, I hoped, but this little block really sings!

Suburban Bather
nanners nanners nanners nanners nanners nanners nanners nanners nanners nanners nanners nanners nanners nanners nanners nanners nanners nanners nanners nanners nanners nanners nanners nanners nanners nanners nanners

nanners nanners nanners nanners nanners nanners nanners nanners nanners nanners nanners nanners nanners nanners nanners nanners nanners nanners nanners nanners nanners nanners nanners nanners nanners nanners nanners
Klopfgeist
SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!

metasonix
You guys suck/rule! Thank you!
nrdvrgr
Hmm... something is missing here...

...but when Eric gets his fist out his ass and ships some stuff over to Sweden (escapefromnoise) these 22 HP holes will be filled with yellow pleasure...

Next week? Fingers crossed...
mantiwhore

started with those two, but they obviously need some company (soon).
zerosum
cEvin Key uses an R-51 and R-54 in the synthosaurus:
nrdvrgr

FUCK YEAH, they have arrived...
Suburban Bather
nrdvrgr wrote:
FUCK YEAH, they have arrived...
screaming goo yo Awesome screaming goo yo I'd love to hear a patch of with Flight Of Harmony Metasonix! I really want to try the SoS and V'amp.
nrdvrgr
Here you are Suburban Bather:

http://soundcloud.com/nrdvrgr/experiment-12-2010-11-27-raw-metasonix-r -54-51-53

and here:

http://soundcloud.com/nrdvrgr/experiment-11-2010-11-27-metasonix-ebm

All snippets of yesterdays drunken braps... nothing fancy.
No detailed patch notes though, I was not that focused wink
But there is FoH in there for sure....
nrdvrgr

Added another R-53. Now I am waiting for my D-1000 to arrive... got the yellow fever bad.
zerosum
I didn't take any pictures until after I pulled all the cables out d'oh!
but this will give you the general idea until I remember to take a better picture or actually take a picture of a patch hihi idea

Eric's bitches:

There are no words for how weird, crazy and godlike it is to have all that yellow power, hihi Oh wait, "Overwhelmed" is a good word for it lol

Dead Banana
zerosum

jiblite
nom nom nom
zerosum
The metal grinding madmen of EGC:

More photos can be found on the EGC Facefuck page.
krv
SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!

SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! [/img]
goiks
landrobot

Rockin' Banana! Rockin' Banana! Rockin' Banana!
SepticUnderground
zerosum
^^^^^
At first I was like, "What?"

Then I realized that the title of this thread is Let's see your yellow.

Clever post lol hihi thumbs up nanners
dan_p
Still would though............ right in there
machinesworking
New to the forum.
What's left. Bought 4 boxes the Vermona and the Wretch off a guy a couple years ago, had to sell the boxes, will never sell the Wretch.
zerosum
machinesworking wrote:
New to the forum. Bought 4 boxes the Vermona and the Wretch off a guy a couple years ago, had to sell the boxes, will never sell the Wretch.

Welcome to the forum! thumbs up
machinesworking
Thanks, I'm looking forward to the lack of pretension around these parts.
Muff Wiggler

dan_p
^ MY ASS IS BLEEDING
hednoize
Thought I'd post this before I sell my KV-100 (gotta finance my foray into Eurocrack and the R-series modules hihi) Had the rack panel engraved with the warning from the manual.

EDIT: Months later...didn't sell it. Love it too much.

nrdvrgr
New years resolution fulfilled 29 days into the new year... now what? wink

skyex
[quote="Muff Wiggler"]

Do you just have 2 power strips stuck in that case? I'm trying to figure something similar out, but the wall warts make it a giant PITA...
Muff Wiggler
[quote="skyex"]
Muff Wiggler wrote:
Do you just have 2 power strips stuck in that case? I'm trying to figure something similar out, but the wall warts make it a giant PITA...

yep, that's exactly what I've done.
FatRocky

yellow

fap fap fap... Agony!
mecanikill
thumbs up
rico loverde
thats fucking dope! we're not worthy Metasonix!
infradead
bendedavis

rdonker
Nice...
metasonix
Never know where the fans are.

So, for Xmas I ordered some copies of the book version of OGLAF for gifts.

This is the packing slip.
mecanikill
Sell me your TM5!

Hainbach
shaft9000
metasonix
SlayerBadger! for playing out with Euro modules. You're not a pussy.
numan7
applause look what showed up this morning:

hey metasonix - do i need to remove the adhesive warning-labels on the backs of the R55s before powering up? they are quite sticky!

cheers
metasonix
numan7 wrote:
do i need to remove the adhesive warning-labels on the backs of the R55s before powering up? they are quite sticky!

DO NOT REMOVE THEM. They were stuck on
(with PERMANENT adhesive) for a reason.
numan7
thumbs up ok, thanks - i just wanted to make sure that it was safe (as in the labels won't catch on fire) to leave them on.

cheers
numan7
The Agonizer! ok, here it is filled with some modules and powered up:

I am planning to move the ADSR Jr's, Maths and QMMG to another case once I decide what the remaining 3 R-modules for this one will be (the current lineup is: R55 x 3, R54, R53 x 2, R52 and R51 x 2).... Any suggestions?

Also, I have found that all 3 R55s must be powered off the top bus-board in this case (if I plug them into the lower 2 bus-boards, their heaters won't glow at all).

Now let's go make some sounds... twisted

cheers
Suburban Bather
applause I suggest finding out wether you'd want another R-52 or R-54 for a second filter and 2 more R-51's. I'm telling you, when you are dealing with that kind of an "R" series set-up, more R-51's are your friend(even if you are not using them as VCA's.
sensanalog
Oh my!!! we're not worthy we're not worthy
pulplogic
yellow to go
decaying.sine
That take out box looks fantastic Pulp.
hangovercat

apologies for the shitty mise en scène but i was anxious to show you guys what i'm working with here as of last friday. better pictures and hopefully some sort of rack solution to come.
shaft9000
numan7 wrote:
The Agonizer! ok, here it is filled with some modules and powered up:

holy sh*t

you gotta bring this if you make it for the meet on Aug 5th!!
freeyerheel
"only problem is- I think im gettin a boner!"

michel scott
roeenney
nice array of yellowism!

hihi
metasonix
Recent Blogspot blog posts about Metasonix. In no particular order, leaving out eBay auctions and such.

http://navsmodularlab.blogspot.com/2011/03/metasonix-r54-supermodule.h tml

http://xfmr.blogspot.com/2012/10/metasonix-wretch-machine-s-1000-all.h tml

http://audioattenuator.blogspot.com/2012/03/metasonix-r-54-soy-sos-dem o-1.html

http://india-hour.blogspot.com/2012/09/metasonix-r-54-as-filter-and-ot her-cool.html

http://etherra.blogspot.com/2012/09/a-beast-perhaps.html

http://koney-industrial.blogspot.com/2010/03/hesed-industrial-sample-k it.html
Awinters
just starting my collection. :-) Definitely more to come.

Here's a few shots.

and one more

[/img]
ritchiedrums

seriously, i just don't get it Guess "Metasonix Yellow" varies quite a bit.....
Kent

KV-100 not shown due to laziness.

I just grabbed a TS-21. I fucking love it. I might actually gig with this thing in a rack as it does something for me that I was only getting with the Wretch Machine when paired with the Buchla 200e. I took the Wretch to a gig last Tuesday. No problems except that it chews up 7rU due to the placement of the power connector. If I add in the 2rU delay and 6rU Eurorack, it's getting pretty fucking big.

Go here for mini-review and sound sample.
metasonix
Nativity scene courtesy of Mike Weeks. Deck the halls, motherfuckers.
joey
F1 and TM7 join the party... next up is a D1000!

jwar
Just got my first Metasonix. The TM-3. Insane shit!!! I may be trying to trade it in the future for a TM-5 or TM-7 thought because I want to be able to use it more with my bass rig and I've heard those are more instrument friendly. Anyway, I've been lusting for Metasonix for years.

jwar
Meh, I just went ahead and bought a TM-5 off of Ebay. Haha. I bet these two will be killer together.
thermionicjunky
jwar wrote:
Meh, I just went ahead and bought a TM-5 off of Ebay. Haha. I bet these two will be killer together.

If you have some kind of pedal interface and a DC mixer/offset generator you can make a great VCO sync effect with these two (a Moog CP-251 will do). Run the TM-5 into a CV input on the TM-3. Add a small negative offset to the pedal CV so the VCO shuts off when your heel is down. Pressing your toe down will sweep through locked harmonics. This effect is perfect for bass guitar.
jwar
thermionicjunky wrote:
jwar wrote:

If you have some kind of pedal interface and a DC mixer/offset generator you can make a great VCO sync effect with these two (a Moog CP-251 will do). Run the TM-5 into a CV input on the TM-3. Add a small negative offset to the pedal CV so the VCO shuts off when your heel is down. Pressing your toe down will sweep through locked harmonics. This effect is perfect for bass guitar.

Awesome! Thank you!

Any suggestions for a CV pedal? I've been looking at the Moog MP 201, but wasn't sure if that was really necessary or if I could simply use my EP-2.

These are my first Metasonix units and I haven't ever used CV before, so sorry if the question sounds dumb.
Cybananna
Ep-2 works fine. That's what I have. The mp-201 has many additional great things but its not required and is really expensive.
noisefield
hi metasonix users !
i'm really impatient to post here
soon i hope
anyway i like your modulars thumbs up
Mat
Evil Companions

nooneimportant

Proud member.
Chrysothemis

Just finished my first modular. It isn't ALL yellow, but hey, you have to leave room for improvement...
YellowBlood
God damn I can't stop looking at this thread love woah MY ASS IS BLEEDING
ActionMaxVA
This beast does it all. Could not be more inspired lately.
Plays well with the shared system, Maths and Wogglebug, also follows the wave outputs of the STO and DPO quite magically.

Was so inspired I grabbed one of these before they are gone!
So far it is also instant luv. Still getting to know it.
It also plays well with others but is back to its naked state as of late.

Last but not least, my R collection grows.
The top case is primed to be filled.
The winter storm has delayed a few more I am waiting on.
Seems a good run of used R modules on the BST
Grab em!

hangovercat
I've finally got a nice tight gigging setup happening (after not quite three years but who's counting). Huge thanks to Eric for advice on getting the TM-rack together and powered.

YellowBlood
Finally, after so long my Metasonix rig is complete SlayerBadger! w00t hihi I will post sounds eventually when I get time. On top is a D-1000 I modded myself and out of the picture on the floor is another TM-7 I use with my pedals Metasonix!
musicaespressiva
YellowBlood wrote:
Finally, after so long my Metasonix rig is complete SlayerBadger! w00t hihi I will post sounds eventually when I get time. On top is a D-1000 I modded myself and out of the picture on the floor is another TM-7 I use with my pedals Metasonix!

what a setup!!
otoskope
Here's a work in progress, a banana yellow system - to be used with my Bugbrand and other banana modulars - and my other yellow, of course. It's now up and running, although not complete.

The missing spaces are reserved for two R55 and one RK2, with space for a couple more RK modules, if and when they arrive. Also, the top frame will be painted orange, like the base.

PSU-wise, it contains one PSU per row - Doepfer PSU2, PSU3 and the PSU that comes with the 1frame case (don't know what it's called).

For bananafication of the modules, see my recent thread about that.
weinglas
@YellowBlood and otoskope: love we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy love
Kujo
It ain't much, but it's home..

otoskope
My tube baby is finished. After one year of collecting modules, getting PSUs and frames, painting, connecting internal DC cables, and not the least, bananfication of the whole lot. It's peanut butter jelly time!
Quite happy about this monster. She has room for a couple of more 8hp modules, in case Eric will come up with further innovative crazyness - which is highly likely.

The system contains all R and RK modules, with two each of the oscillators (R54 and R55) and the waveshaper (R53). Except the R56 - I already have two Bugbrand Spring Tankers. Also it simply didn't fit. It also has 4 passive LPGs for utility and gestural signal control
Altogether, it has 20 tubes. And it dwarfs my Wretch in complexity and patchability.
It is made to be used with my bananafrac systems (Bugbrand, Wiard, Blacet, Metalbox/CGS, etc) and some 4U (NonLinearSystems), with plenty of clock/gate/seq/gestural controllers, so I have no need for much CV generation here. This is for pure sonic bliss.

I couldn't resist turning off the light. Oh, the glow... nanners

Power is taken care of by three Doepfer PSUs - PSU2 (original in the lower 6U case), PSU3 (mounted by me in the lower part, to supply plenty of 5V for the R55s) and the standard 3U PSU (with external transformer) for the upper Doepfer frame. The 5V from PSU3 is distributed to two of the frames, and all are co-grounded.
Kujo
otoskope wrote:

fantastic system ! those bananas sure add some sexy curves in between them tubes sad banana
synchromesh
This is my latest addition - julian made me a custom panel for my "naked" R-54 and last night I finally got around to drilling & filing it out. It all came out fairly nicely, other than the infill using the Edding 780 paint pen wasn't hugely successful - cleanup with acetone failed to remove all the paint, so there's a bit of a red "cloud" remaining. d'oh!

Never mind, overall I'm pretty pleased with it. Guinness ftw!

EDIT: Turns out a little Brasso polish cleans up the excess paint nicely, so now it looks much nicer.

Photos of the rest of my yellow once I sort out my "wall of cheap Chinese doom" PSU to power it all... This is fun!
onymous
My brother made me a case to mount these as a very belated christmas gift. No more sitting on the desk.
hackrobat
onymous wrote:
My brother made me a case to mount these as a very belated christmas gift. No more sitting on the desk.

WIN. SlayerBadger! Maple?
onymous
hackrobat wrote:
WIN. SlayerBadger! Maple?

Yup. He found a really flamey piece so he put it to good use.
oberdada
My R-54 looks just like anybody else's, but here's what it sounds like.

The signal is on the x-axis and its derivative on y. No input, the harsh switch pointing down, overdrive almost max, resonance about 5-6 o'clock and tune at 4. I suppose it's chaotic. Pure tones would produce an ellipse instead of this mess.
thefutureeaters
I guess the Curtis Filter is going to have to fuck off into a different case now that the RK5 is shipping.
luchog
I finally have my rack built. Only a few modules so far.

The rack is actually 7U, but the Zorx ribbon controller is sitting on the 1U rails. I posted more pictures of the build project in the DIY cases thread: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2773226#2773226
Mephitif
Started with an R-54 4 weeks ago. Went bananas for the yellow after that.

otoskope
I had gathered a lot of yellow over the years, but none of the pedals. Preparing for a project, about half a year ago I started to acquire some, and through some luck I found most of what I wanted, also at not too steep prices.
Here's my yellow pedal collection now, including a couple of stereo pairs w00t Some of them have very low serial numbers (one TM-5 is #3!). Not sure if that means anything, except they are ugly-brownish golden instead of happy/evil yellow?

Delepathy
I currently have three RKs, but I'm unable to fit them all in the case due to power limitations on the PSU3. I currently have an RK2, RK3, and RK4. I also have an R-56 Reverb on the way.

The image on the bottom right corner is taken from the TM-7.

Mat
otoskope
That is a beautiful rack! But isn't it hard to play the S-2000 ribbon with that configuration?

I also have a Cirklon, but I haven't started using it with my Metasonix stuff yet. How does it work for you?
Mat
otoskope wrote:
That is a beautiful rack! But isn't it hard to play the S-2000 ribbon with that configuration?

I also have a Cirklon, but I haven't started using it with my Metasonix stuff yet. How does it work for you?

I haven't try the ribbon with this configuration but I usually don't use it I prefer CV/Gate in from Cirklon and then play with the knobs.

Thank you
otoskope
metasonix
Found on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/severence
luchog
Just bought these two bricks. I'd seen lots of pics, but wasn't quite prepared for just how big they are. Solid hunks of hardware, can't wait to plug them up and run some noise through them.

metasonix
luchog wrote:
Just bought these two bricks. I'd seen lots of pics, but wasn't quite prepared for just how big they are. Solid hunks of hardware, can't wait to plug them up and run some noise through them.

You lucky freak, those look unused. And they include sample copies of VTV. We only did that very briefly in 2002-03.
luchog
metasonix wrote:
luchog wrote:

You lucky freak, those look unused. And they include sample copies of VTV. We only did that very briefly in 2002-03.

Yup, New In Box. One was still wrapped up. It was the guy on Reverb who was closing out his shop; IIRC you mentioned in another thread he was a former re-seller. TM-1 is SN 3/9, TM-2 is SN 1/8. He was in a hurry to clear all his stock, so I picked them up for $495 each (plus shipping). Just need to pick up a stompbox send/return for the rack.

I'm expecting to get hit by a bus on the way home from work next week, 'cause I've clearly used up my allowance of luck now.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix  
Page 1 of 5