MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Some E350 videos posted
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Some E350 videos posted
martin
Quite simple and without to many other modules involved.

visible cow
Thanks for these. I've been curious about the e350's simpler side. Sounds gorgeous.
sandyb
hi martin and welcome to the forum.
thanks for posting the video. i've embedded in your post for you.

sandy
hpsounds
Thanks Martin for this small and very nice demo. It confirms that I must buy this module . hyper

Hédi K.
l e b e r
great video. thanks.

i love me e350 too.
richard
nice, for some reason I always try to make mine sound like a walrus having it off with a chicken

I think the light on the film is quite beautiful too
martin
Glad you liked it. I got the E350 yesterday and I thought it would be useful for others. I have the Piston as well, it's noisier and more aggressive.
I found out how to embed the two other videos (thanks for the first one Sandy).
Compliments to iMovie for easy-to-play-with light fx etc

Martin
Arturo00
I appreciate that you taped these with direct audio from the module This is fun!

They sound good...
tranzfuse
Really really nice! I've just dove in to the modular world and one of the few modules I decided to buy to get started was an e350. Can you give me a sense of what other types of modules were involved in those patches? I see you had a cable running in to the 1v/oct in on the e350 in the first video.

Thanks for sharing. This gives me hope for my set up and what is possible.
paults
Note to future customers: Schneiders in Germany will be getting 20 of these next week and AH in the US will get 35 of them by the end of the month.

I LOL'd at the last video's ending.
NV
It's always nice seeing more demos that focus on simplicity. Nicely done.
martin
tranzfuse wrote:
Really really nice! I've just dove in to the modular world and one of the few modules I decided to buy to get started was an e350. Can you give me a sense of what other types of modules were involved in those patches? I see you had a cable running in to the 1v/oct in on the e350 in the first video.

Thanks for sharing. This gives me hope for my set up and what is possible.

Hi tranzfuse
I wrote that not to many other modules were involved, but of course some are commonly used to make it play and to get the sound trough:

1V/OCT is the pitch voltage input, or melody if you like. In all three videos, pitch control comes from a sequencer. So in video 1 and 3 the "melody" comes from a Flame Tame Machine, and in video 2 it's from a Doepfer A-155 sequencer. But the melody could just as well be played from a controller keyboard.

Note that all timbral variations happens by me tweaking one knob at the time on the E350. Well, at the end of video 1, I patch an LFO into the E350's Morph X jack, so that the LFO "turns the X-knob" for me instead.
What's interesting with video 2 is that while the melody is low and bass-like in pitch, the overtones in the wavetables sweeping through produces intervals and harmonies on top of it.

To make the sound dynamic, the E350 output then goes into a VCA for volume control. This VCA is controlled by a Doepfer Envelope Generator with a shortish decay setting. The Envelope Generator again is triggered rhythmically (an odd pattern actually) by the Doepfer A-155's built in trigger sequencer. Remember that this only affects the volume dynamics and is a common thing to do when making sequences. It does not control the E350 in any way here. But it could. uStep is another nice trigger sequencer btw.

Finally the output goes into a stereo delay pedal before it's recorded on my soundcard.

My intention with the videos was to explore a few of the E350's tonal possibilities in a practical setting. And there are still more knobs to take on..

A brief description can be found under each video btw:

http://www.youtube.com/universalblender

Yes, I thought that the wooden frog suited in a terrarium :-)

Martin
tranzfuse
Thanks for the thorough explanation! Much appreciated.

That A-155 sequencer is a beast! I don't have space for that module, but the ustep I could fit in pretty nicely. I'll take a closer look.

Thanks again.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1