MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Ah! Now I get the 606 thing!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Ah! Now I get the 606 thing!
johnnywoods
It seems these are really popular around the euro crowd.

I remember having one years ago, and being pretty unimpressed... but NOW I get it. I was at a friend's studio, and we hooked his 606 into my modular, and well... w00t

short excerpt from a very long session: http://soundcloud.com/johnny-woods/606-and-modular

okay, so now I need to get one... ?
elsuturo
love
D Bondi
RAD!!! SlayerBadger! I don't have a modular yet but my 606 wants one now.....
ignatius
nice! very dynamic at times.
premieklovn
I guess I need to start regretting selling the TR606.
Your clip is very Throbbing Gristle-sexy!
Repeater
sounds great. makes me want to buy things.
JP
If you're planning on running it thru fx on the modular, maybe look at a 626, 505 or 707, those you'll be looking at a price much nearer to…

…than a 606
qu.one
One of the main things is that if you have it modded with individual outs, they will open most envelopes - which means it will now also sequence your euro as well.
JP
707 for $325 going in 5 hours, individual outs.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Roland-TR707-Rhythm-Composer-Drum-Machine-  /230535171720?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35acf78e88#ht_500wt_1145
MrDys
606 is still my favorite snare. Super snappy. Makes me think that I should look into cloning that into a module...
Karl Jeffers
Shakira's Waka Waka has a tr-606 as main drums.

I just love the hihats from that machine. I modded mine to have a long (3sec) kick, but the power supply is broken now. very frustrating
polyroy
qu.one wrote:
One of the main things is that if you have it modded with individual outs, they will open most envelopes - which means it will now also sequence your euro as well.

Never thought of trying this, interesting idea! Need to get home and try it out, will be fun having 6 different triggers. One of the things I like most about the 606 is just editing the trigger outs on the fly for more random events etc whilst also switching between trigger patterns. Awesome machine!
qu.one
JP wrote:
707 for $325 going in 5 hours, individual outs.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Roland-TR707-Rhythm-Composer-Drum-Machine-  /230535171720?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35acf78e88#ht_500wt_1145

there's no way I would pay that much for a 707. $125-$150 maybe. but that's just me. you can get an MFB SEQ-01/02 for less money for triggering your euro. or even a 522 for a little bit more and you have tonal control.

the 606 is great - but it needs to be modified. no tonal controls by default are its worst characteristic. i had one fully modded and traded it for an MFB-522. and that little 522 sounds great actually — i just wish it had individual outs. maybe it could be modded...
tranzfuse
What's a good price for a 606 these days?

And how would you go about getting a 606 modded? DIY or shipping it off somewhere?
anselmi
I got a DR-110 that is a similar sounding machine and it´s got an accent trigger out that you can use as clock or trigger for envelopes, resseting LFOs and the like...I love it! the claps are really incredible and got a really unstable sonic character that you can hear in fast repeated hits where all sounds different
Babaluma
here's a link to some info on my fully pimped out 606:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1679
Popski
I dl'd some mod schematics for adding decay/pitch control to the snare n bass on mine but have never gotten around to it..
I have the outs mod and I love that lil bugger for sequencing the modular!!

Johnny, that track is awesome..
Popski
Babaluma wrote:

HOLY CRAPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!
applause applause applause
JP
qu.one wrote:
there's no way I would pay that much for a 707. $125-$150 maybe. but that's just me. you can get an MFB SEQ-01/02 for less money for triggering your euro. or even a 522 for a little bit more and you have tonal control.

the 606 is great - but it needs to be modified. no tonal controls by default are its worst characteristic. i had one fully modded and traded it for an MFB-522. and that little 522 sounds great actually — i just wish it had individual outs. maybe it could be modded...

$125-150 will maybe get you a 505 these days if you're lucky on ebay.

707's all seem to be in the 300ish, 606's in the 400-500, 909's $1700, 808's 2k and up.

Compared to what you can get "new" I personally think all those prices are crazy, but that's the market. Vermona DRM III is a bargain compared to any of those prices.

I only brought the 707 up as it's a pretty good alternative to it's more "hip" and thus more artificially overpriced cousin the 606. 707 has individual outs, and volume per out, plus I personally rather like the LCD display showing the sequence.
JP
Babaluma wrote:

Which to put in perspective you were trying to sell for a little over $3,500.
Luka
i really like the 707 drums, 727 as well
they go so well with acid patterns
phono1337
the best thing about the 606 after the sound is the trigger outs, always very useful with the modular, im using it to trigger my a-111-5 and a-106-1 here

kidtesla
@ phono1337 , nice!!! thumbs up
MrDys
I love my 707, and really, it's not for the sounds. It's just an extremely playable drum machine. You can rock the same pattern for quite a while if you play those faders like a madman.

I honestly can't believe how much the price on those has shot up in the last couple years. I bought one in high school for $75 and the one I have now for about $125.
qu.one
yeah - i bought a 707 in the 90s for less than $100. that was my only real point. i personally couldn't justify paying in the $200-300 range for one.

a diabolical devices modified 707 on the other hand is a different story.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2