Need Help Knowing If My Mother 32 Is Damaged

Anything modular synth related that is not format specific.

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

FletchNYC
Learning to Wiggle

Need Help Knowing If My Mother 32 Is Damaged

Post by FletchNYC » Fri May 15, 2020 9:51 am

Tonight when I sat down to spend some time with my Mother 32, something seemed different about it. The way the LFO was behaving sounded off, and I don't think it's ever sounded like this before. I just got this device last month, so I'm concerned that it may already be damaged.

What happened was I played a 32 step sequence, made the VCO Wave a square, made the LFO the VCO mod source, made the LFO wave a square, and made VCO mod destination the pulse width. Once I did this, and turned the LFO up around halfway, the sequence I had created was completely jumbled. The timing was off, everything was out of rhythm, the LFO was making a clicky/staticy sound, and it just generally sounded like a mess to me.

I know that with modular the unexpected can happen at any time, but I've never heard the Mother sound quite this way, and I'm concerned that it may be damaged somehow.

Would someone with a Mother 32 mind telling me if these settings give you a similar result? I don't want to go through the trouble of exchanging it if nothings wrong, but there's no way for me to really tell if something is wrong, or not.

This is what it sounds like:

Return to “Modular Synth General Discussion”