Ivo Ivanov (Glitchmachines)

A place to post links to your music, upload tracks and promote yourself.

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

Ivo Ivanov
Sausage Wiggler

Ivo Ivanov (Glitchmachines)

Post by Ivo Ivanov » Sat May 16, 2020 9:31 am

Hi Everyone!

It's Ivo from Glitchmachines

I finally got around to getting my YouTube channel off the ground, where you can find various studio tracks, sound design demos and Eurorack modular vids.

https://www.youtube.com/user/IvanovSound

pekbro
Common Wiggler

Re: Ivo Ivanov (Glitchmachines)

Post by pekbro » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:54 pm

When are you going to design some modules dude? We have the plugins and want MOAR! Love the vids :sb:

Ivo Ivanov
Sausage Wiggler

Post by Ivo Ivanov » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:24 am

pekbro wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:54 pm
When are you going to design some modules dude? We have the plugins and want MOAR! Love the vids :sb:

HAha thank you! :sb:

I thought about creating some modules over the years, but at this point it feels like I missed the boat. I should have jumped in during the early days but I didn't have the $$$. Now, the market is a lot more saturated and there are fewer things missing in Eurorack. Maybe some day..

pekbro
Common Wiggler

Post by pekbro » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:06 pm

Fair enough, I do think there will always be room for the
unique and interesting glitchmachines spin on things in
the modular world.

Anyway, you shouldn’t discount the idea if you think of
something. With crowd funding and limited runs, I’m sure
you could bring any inspired ideas to life with a lot less
difficulty than you would have had in the early days.

-cheers

Parhelic
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Parhelic » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:49 pm

Hey Ivo, I for one would love to see Glitchmachines in Eurorack. Something like Fracture or Cataract would be amazing. I'm unsure if anything with the depth that these offer exist in Eurorack world. I'm underwhelmed with the lack of unconventional audio effects in Eurorack. If you took the crowdfunding option, I would gladly support.

Ivo Ivanov
Sausage Wiggler

Post by Ivo Ivanov » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:28 pm

Parhelic wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:49 pm
Hey Ivo, I for one would love to see Glitchmachines in Eurorack. Something like Fracture or Cataract would be amazing. I'm unsure if anything with the depth that these offer exist in Eurorack world. I'm underwhelmed with the lack of unconventional audio effects in Eurorack. If you took the crowdfunding option, I would gladly support.
Thanks for weighing in on this! I genuinely do appreciate your interest in seeing some modules from us!

The idea of bringing some Glitchmachines modules to the market is exciting in theory, but in practice there are a LOT of things to consider:

Even with crowd funding, which is indeed a great option, this is a relatively complex endeavor logistically speaking - especially since we already have an established product line to maintain and develop with only a tiny team.

The new resources we would need to pull this off are relatively staggering; staff, workshop/office of some sort, quite a bit of cash, manufacturing, distribution, repairs, marketing, etc. etc.

I would expect absolutely every aspect of the venture to be executed at a very high level, thus implying entry into the market as a competitor to some of the top brands, many of whom have had more than a decade head start, which puts us at an immediate disadvantage.

Of course I'm also aware that we have the advantage of an established, global brand with popular products that would transition well into the world of Eurorack.

The thing is, having been around since the early days of Eurorack, I've seen more than a handful of companies fail (in some cases miserably). This, together with "inside info" from various friends whom own/run some of the biggest Eurorack brands, has been enough to deter me from going through with releasing a line of Glitchmachines modules.

And last but definitely not least, there's the "time" factor. In the end, there's only one of me and only 24 hrs. in a day. I don't know how I would continue running Glitchmachines, keeping up with all of our current and scheduled products, and somehow find the time and energy to also break away and start a "modular division". From a business standpoint, it would be hard to justify because of the likelihood that it could compromise the already established sectors of the brand.

Anyway when it's all broken down like that, it just seems like too steep of a hill to climb.

Zerius
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Zerius » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:53 pm

Hey Ivo !

I see your point on the saturated market and it looks that time and money doesn’t worth the effort unfortunately. Maybe you could try to collaborate with well integrated companies from the market on launching at least one module and see how the community reacts. Maybe start with small batches not trying to sell at higher price and make you stuff rare but just to at least save the money you spend and try to keep your business safe :)

I think there are still plenty of option to explore especially in the digital world of eurorack and people are starving for the next new think coming each years. Even if the market is saturated we see each year new filters, oscillators based on old design and they seem to still be selling, at least IMO. I don’t really know how the market works for companies in real business world.
But at least I believe fresh ideas and smart design still would get tons of attention and clients especially when I listen to your type of plugins. I don’t believe you can find such effects and routing in euro or it would take lots of modules and effort patching, I don’t even know if it would be réalisable in euro format.

But again I can’t know how hard it would be to set up the business plan of a new module and keep a guide line for new ones haha

Just trying to stay positive on the actual euro market crisis bubble that I had heard from many years and still waiting for explosion.

boom blip
Common Wiggler

Post by boom blip » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:29 pm

So good, love those tracks, been tempted by the SSF ZPO for a minute, how do you like running them as a pair?

Ivo Ivanov
Sausage Wiggler

Post by Ivo Ivanov » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:53 am

Zerius wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:53 pm
Hey Ivo !
Hey! Thanks for your thoughts on this - I definitely share your enthusiasm for all of it and I see your points. In the end it's as you said: the "spirit" of the whole thing is clear... however, from a business perspective it's a LOT to consider... I guess we will see where the next few years lead us! :sb:

Ivo Ivanov
Sausage Wiggler

Post by Ivo Ivanov » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:56 am

boom blip wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:29 pm
So good, love those tracks, been tempted by the SSF ZPO for a minute, how do you like running them as a pair?
Thanks for listening! Ah yeah the ZPO is really great. Of all the analog VCOs over the years, this one sounds the most versatile/best to my ears.

I'm not sure if it's necessary to have two, but in my mind it's helpful to have a "matched" analog vco beside it for FM duties and modulation in general, so a second ZPO made the most sense.

Single or double, I would highly recommend the filter to go with it because it complements the "voice" of the vco perfectly, as expected..

Return to “Your Tunes Here”