MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Metalbox Gated Comparator?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author Metalbox Gated Comparator?
tragedybysyntax
Looking for clips or examples of this puppy in a system. I just ordered the pulse divider logic and i'm thinking about ordering this as well! Should be sick as hell with my sequential switch and my model 28 tap clock! smile
consumed
the gated comparator is a very interesting and fun module. ive used mine a lot in tandem with a sequencer for pseudo-random/sequential gate action...its really nice for firing off multiple envelopes. i like the 2u metalbox panel design -- metalbox omits the four 'bit disable' switches from the frontpanel but i dont think you'll miss those--i hardly use mine.
neandrewthal
Just do it hyper It`s a classic module that never runs out of uses.
plord
Agreed, just do it. I love my GC to bits and it plays with the SS very well (although I usually feed it noise if I want random and BZ output if I want timed output).
fluxmonkey
throw the individual outs to a mixer, and you get a very nice pattern sequencer. good stuff.

b
fluxmonkey
throw the individual outs to a mixer, and you get a very nice pattern sequencer. good stuff.

i included the bit disable switches on my build and use them all the time; once you dial in a pattern, they provide a nice variations on the theme.

b
consumed
fluxmonkey wrote:

i included the bit disable switches on my build and use them all the time; once you dial in a pattern, they provide a nice variations on the theme.

b

i guess i dont understand how the bit disable switches affect the gate outputs, only the random/melody outs.
tragedybysyntax
Well I'd get the metalbox one and it doesn't come with the switches! lol. Sux balls!
parasitk
im sure you could ask for them
tragedybysyntax
gate comparator or noise ring.... lol.
parasitk
That's easy. hyper
tragedybysyntax
IT'S NOT THAT EASY FOR ME! lol... everyone raves about a noise ring but, I dunno man. 300 friggin dollars for noise/random cv generator to me. I know i'd love it when I got it it's just.... I dunno. Need more functional stuff and less fun modules at this point i think. However.... soon they will be extinct. Sux.
Kwote
buy now or pay later. hihi

for real man, the GC can wait. the NR.. well you need atleast one of em.

i don't know if i'd get another but i might.

i'm gonna build my own GC. all i got so far is the pcb though.
wetterberg
yeah, the GC is going in my build-pile too, soon, I'm afraid - part of a massive clocking/triggering/doo-hicky build of cgs.
tragedybysyntax
damnit..... decisions. Hard enough waiting on my dalek, pulse divider logic and plague bearer to come in!!! lol. smile
elemental
I'm awaiting a used Gated Comparator... hoping, amongst other things, I can use it to generate gates from altering cv when using my miniwave to quantize an LFO.... crazy arpeggiator business!
Also been looking at the Pulse Divider+Logic - really want to be able to divide clock by 1/3 !
plord
elemental wrote:
I'm awaiting a used Gated Comparator... hoping, amongst other things, I can use it to generate gates from altering cv when using my miniwave to quantize an LFO
Yes, absolutely, that is what it is for! smile The comparator threshold knob is how you set the relative frequency and length of the gates compared to the input, and (assuming you are getting the Metalbox one) the 8 gate outs are just clock delayed versions of the same.
tragedybysyntax
lol... I honestly dont think i've ever tried to quantize an lfo! how retarted is that.... I prolly have but I never thought to. Guess i'm always doing sequencing stuff keeping audible pitch. hmmm, food for thought! thanks man. very frustrating
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1