MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

PB version ?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony  
Author PB version ?
amsonx
i've h just ordered my PB from SB, i'm curios about the version number , i can find it on the PCB ?
i'm exicetd about the Pb, i've heard some demos and i believe that i'll love it..
I' read some of thread on it here but if someone have some other advice/useful info about the Pb.. come on smile

thanks in advance
Diego
flight
amsonx wrote:
i've h just ordered my PB from SB, i'm curios about the version number , i can find it on the PCB ?
i'm exicetd about the Pb, i've heard some demos and i believe that i'll love it..
I' read some of thread on it here but if someone have some other advice/useful info about the Pb.. come on smile

thanks in advance
Diego
I believe that all of the PB-1E at SchneidersBuero are the current r3.3. You can find this on the upper-right corner of the PCB.
amsonx
thanks Flight,

i cant wait to put my on the PB smile
Madrayken
flight wrote:
amsonx wrote:

thanks in advance
Diego
I believe that all of the PB-1E at SchneidersBuero are the current r3.3. You can find this on the upper-right corner of the PCB.

I've just grabbed a second-hand PB-1E 2.3. Is it markedly different from the 3.x series?
flight
Madrayken wrote:
I've just grabbed a second-hand PB-1E 2.3. Is it markedly different from the 3.x series?
Yes, it is. The primary difference is that it does not have the VC Gain feature, which was introduced with the r3.0.

Other differences:

• Tone: The r3.x have a "thicker" tone - more low-end.
  • Self-oscillation: The ability to self-oscillate is not guaranteed in the r2.x series, nor is the range thereof as wide as in the r3.x
  • Control behavior: I believe some of the pots on the r2.3 have different taper than in later units.

I think that's it. All in all, I still like the r2.3. It has a subtly different character than later models and complements them well - I have both (r2.3 & r3.3) in my case.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony  
Page 1 of 1