PB version ?

Gear, Suggestions and Discussion.

Moderators: Kent, infradead, computer controlled, flight

amsonx
Grey Man Patcher

PB version ?

Post by amsonx » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:30 am

i've h just ordered my PB from SB, i'm curios about the version number , i can find it on the PCB ?
i'm exicetd about the Pb, i've heard some demos and i believe that i'll love it..
I' read some of thread on it here but if someone have some other advice/useful info about the Pb.. come on :)

thanks in advance
Diego

flight
The Plague Bearer

Re: PB version ?

Post by flight » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:52 pm

amsonx wrote:i've h just ordered my PB from SB, i'm curios about the version number , i can find it on the PCB ?
i'm exicetd about the Pb, i've heard some demos and i believe that i'll love it..
I' read some of thread on it here but if someone have some other advice/useful info about the Pb.. come on :)

thanks in advance
Diego
I believe that all of the PB-1E at SchneidersBuero are the current r3.3. You can find this on the upper-right corner of the PCB.
~flight
flight(at)flightofharmony(dot)com
http://www.flightofharmony.com

amsonx
Grey Man Patcher

Post by amsonx » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:02 am

thanks Flight,

i cant wait to put my on the PB :)

Madrayken
Ultra Wiggler

Re: PB version ?

Post by Madrayken » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:46 am

flight wrote:
amsonx wrote:i've h just ordered my PB from SB, i'm curios about the version number , i can find it on the PCB ?

thanks in advance
Diego
I believe that all of the PB-1E at SchneidersBuero are the current r3.3. You can find this on the upper-right corner of the PCB.
I've just grabbed a second-hand PB-1E 2.3. Is it markedly different from the 3.x series?
Anger is a sublimated desire for power.

https://denecarter.bandcamp.com
www.soundcloud.com/Madrayken

flight
The Plague Bearer

Post by flight » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:10 pm

Madrayken wrote:I've just grabbed a second-hand PB-1E 2.3. Is it markedly different from the 3.x series?
Yes, it is. The primary difference is that it does not have the VC Gain feature, which was introduced with the r3.0.

Other differences:
  • Tone: The r3.x have a "thicker" tone - more low-end.
  • Self-oscillation: The ability to self-oscillate is not guaranteed in the r2.x series, nor is the range thereof as wide as in the r3.x
  • Control behavior: I believe some of the pots on the r2.3 have different taper than in later units.
I think that's it. All in all, I still like the r2.3. It has a subtly different character than later models and complements them well - I have both (r2.3 & r3.3) in my case.
~flight
flight(at)flightofharmony(dot)com
http://www.flightofharmony.com

Return to “Flight of Harmony”