Yet Still More Antici--

A place for the string slingers, pedal freaks and amp snobs in our midst.

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord, sduck

Post Reply
User avatar
plord
Wacky for Wiard Wiggler
Posts: 1778
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:52 am
Location: Charlotte, VT

Yet Still More Antici--

Post by plord » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:28 pm

pation!

Talked to my luthier (*) today. We're still probably months away but various bits and pieces of my next guitar are coming together and the main body cuts are scheduled for next week. This one will require some pretty complicated routing in order to properly support the [SOOPER SEEKRIT FEATUREZ!!!!1!] but so far no show-stoppers. I asked for one of his standard body shapes but none had the right dimensions so it will be a custom derivative of the Atrezzo instead. Still roughly strat-like but, you know, carved, arched, detailed, neck-through, and sick, sick woods. Can't wait. Think I'll go play my other guitar for a while to take the edge off :)

(*) http://www.scottwalkerguitars.com

User avatar
bf
Buck Futter
Posts: 970
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:48 pm

Re: Yet Still More Antici--

Post by bf » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:40 pm

plord wrote:[SOOPER SEEKRIT FEATUREZ!!!!1!]
Lazer beams?
D banjo tuners?
Secret compartment for your humidor?
bwhittington wrote:I feel strongly that the world just needs more unicorn penis.
a-fuckin'-men
:cgs:

User avatar
plord
Wacky for Wiard Wiggler
Posts: 1778
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:52 am
Location: Charlotte, VT

Re: Yet Still More Antici--

Post by plord » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:06 pm

bf wrote:Lazer beams?
D banjo tuners?
Secret compartment for your humidor?
Officially licensed production technology from a known and respected vendor whom I had to pay and arm, a leg, a kidney, and sign all manner of non-disclosure/we didn't do this/if it doesn't work that's your expensive problem/we don't know you and this didn't happen documentation, which will nevertheless be blatantly obvious upon casual visual or sonic inspection by anyone even remotely knowledgeable about recent music industry history.

I think I already let the cat out of the bag once but I'm trying to be good here.

Here's one thing Scott and I talked about today. I want to take the squid inlay from this headstock image below and have Larry Robinson rework it to act as the one and only fretboard inlay, with the dot right at the 12th fret position and the head and tentacles stretching out to give visual indication of the 9th, 15th, and 17th fret locations. Abalone over an Ebony fretboard with ivory binding. If you don't know Larry's work, check out http://www.robinsoninlays.com because he is a serious handcut inlay Jedi Knight.

Image

User avatar
Just me
Has enough VCA's
Posts: 4427
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:45 am
Location: Downtown

Re: Yet Still More Antici--

Post by Just me » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:06 pm

bf wrote:Secret compartment for your humidor?
Your building Monica Lewinski into your guitar?? (That will make it as heavy as a Gibson double neck!)
If I have water in my ear, is it safe for me to listen to electronic music?

User avatar
dkcg
I pity the fool w/o enough VCAs
Posts: 9137
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:35 pm
Location: LA

Re: Yet Still More Antici--

Post by dkcg » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:36 pm

plord wrote:This one will require some pretty complicated routing in order to properly support the [SOOPER SEEKRIT FEATUREZ!!!!1!] but so far no show-stoppers.
frequency to CV output built in? :love: :hmm:

User avatar
theglyph
Maybe it was eat me?
Posts: 2034
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:09 pm
Location: JAX, Florida

Re: Yet Still More Antici--

Post by theglyph » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:10 pm

plord wrote: Officially licensed production technology from a known and respected vendor whom I had to pay and arm, a leg, a kidney, and sign all manner of non-disclosure/we didn't do this/if it doesn't work that's your expensive problem/we don't know you and this didn't happen documentation, which will nevertheless be blatantly obvious upon casual visual or sonic inspection by anyone even remotely knowledgeable about recent music industry history.
Moog Guitar technology? :ninja:

Post Reply

Return to “Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX”