MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Yet Still More Antici--
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author Yet Still More Antici--
plord
pation!

Talked to my luthier (*) today. We're still probably months away but various bits and pieces of my next guitar are coming together and the main body cuts are scheduled for next week. This one will require some pretty complicated routing in order to properly support the [SOOPER SEEKRIT FEATUREZ!!!!1!] but so far no show-stoppers. I asked for one of his standard body shapes but none had the right dimensions so it will be a custom derivative of the Atrezzo instead. Still roughly strat-like but, you know, carved, arched, detailed, neck-through, and sick, sick woods. Can't wait. Think I'll go play my other guitar for a while to take the edge off smile

(*) http://www.scottwalkerguitars.com
bf
plord wrote:
[SOOPER SEEKRIT FEATUREZ!!!!1!]
Lazer beams?
D banjo tuners?
Secret compartment for your humidor?
plord
bf wrote:
Lazer beams?
D banjo tuners?

Officially licensed production technology from a known and respected vendor whom I had to pay and arm, a leg, a kidney, and sign all manner of non-disclosure/we didn't do this/if it doesn't work that's your expensive problem/we don't know you and this didn't happen documentation, which will nevertheless be blatantly obvious upon casual visual or sonic inspection by anyone even remotely knowledgeable about recent music industry history.

I think I already let the cat out of the bag once but I'm trying to be good here.

Here's one thing Scott and I talked about today. I want to take the squid inlay from this headstock image below and have Larry Robinson rework it to act as the one and only fretboard inlay, with the dot right at the 12th fret position and the head and tentacles stretching out to give visual indication of the 9th, 15th, and 17th fret locations. Abalone over an Ebony fretboard with ivory binding. If you don't know Larry's work, check out http://www.robinsoninlays.com because he is a serious handcut inlay Jedi Knight.

Just me
bf wrote:

Your building Monica Lewinski into your guitar?? (That will make it as heavy as a Gibson double neck!)
dkcg
plord wrote:
This one will require some pretty complicated routing in order to properly support the [SOOPER SEEKRIT FEATUREZ!!!!1!] but so far no show-stoppers.

frequency to CV output built in? love hmmm.....
theglyph
plord wrote:

Officially licensed production technology from a known and respected vendor whom I had to pay and arm, a leg, a kidney, and sign all manner of non-disclosure/we didn't do this/if it doesn't work that's your expensive problem/we don't know you and this didn't happen documentation, which will nevertheless be blatantly obvious upon casual visual or sonic inspection by anyone even remotely knowledgeable about recent music industry history.

Moog Guitar technology? Ninja
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1