MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Plan B Model 14 Dual Voltage Processor problems
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Plan B Model 14 Dual Voltage Processor problems
woolpower
Hey gang, purchased a used Model 14 and don't seem to send any audio signal through the Inject A/B > Sum XFade out. The left and right triple VC mixers work fine... just the centre chanel for XFading are not working...

Just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem and if so, were you able to repair it (how etc...)?

Any help would be great!
Tim Stinchcombe
I'm expecting to receive one within the next week or two, and after I get it I may be able to offer more specific help. But for now, you could try checking simple things, like ensuring all the ICs are seated firmly - from the photo at the EAR site there are clearly two boards for the separate left and right channels, but is there a third PCB snuggled between the two, or does one of the two carry extra components for the crossfade circuitry...?

Tim
3vcos
Tim Stinchcombe wrote:
I'm expecting to receive one within the next week or two, and after I get it I may be able to offer more specific help. But for now, you could try checking simple things, like ensuring all the ICs are seated firmly - from the photo at the EAR site there are clearly two boards for the separate left and right channels, but is there a third PCB snuggled between the two, or does one of the two carry extra components for the crossfade circuitry...?

Tim

there are 2 boards. one is fully stuffed (contains one channel of +/- mixing and the pan circuitry) and the other boards is partially stuffed with just the +/- mixing.
bubblesound
i've fixed a fair number of planB modules... if you can't get it sorted out i'd be willing to give it a go.
woolpower
Thanks for all the support, I was hoping the issue was something a newb like me could fix but it seems non-trivial. I'll be meeting with the gentleman I purchased the M14 from in the next few weeks to see if he can fix it... will report back how (with any luck) it was fixed.

Looks like such a promising unit! My stoke is still ON! This is fun!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1