MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Studio monitors for €200/£170/$250
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Studio monitors for €200/£170/$250
Fulci
Looking for a new pair of small active studio monitors for less than €200/pair for a small room.
Can anyone recommend anything?

Thanks!
JohnLRice
Fulci wrote:
Looking for a new pair of small active studio monitors for less than €200/pair for a small room.
Can anyone recommend anything?

Thanks!

If you look around you may be able to find a new pair of Yamaha MSP3 monitors close to your price range or a used pair at or under your price range. You may even find a used pair of the larger Yamaha MSP5 monitors you can afford if you are patient.

They are both really excellent monitors!
Naoki
you can try to find used event 20/20. great sound for the little money
tuj
While not a monitor, the Klipsch KSP 3.1's are great speakers and can be used as monitors. They work well with a good headphone or the Yamaha HS series as a check. There's a theory that almost any good speaker can be a good monitor if you learn its strengths and weaknesses, especially as they pertain to your room.
Babaluma
yamaha msp5 if you can stretch to them!
Clockgate
I use a pair of ESI nEar05 which are great little speakers. A subwoofer designed to compliment them is also available. The Thomann link is here:

http://www.thomann.de/pt/esi_near05_aktive_nahfeldmonitore.htm
chamomileshark
+1 MSP3s
Fulci
Thank you all for your replies!

The MSP3 seem to be great but are still too expensive for me. They sell for €185 each in Thommans wich makes them €170 dearer than what I'm looking for.

What I'm looking for is for something more in vein of the Yamaha's HS50M or the Alesis' M1 520.

The ESI are way nearer the budget, and seem to be an interesting choice.

I read somewhere that Behringer speakers have an awful sound, so I'm trying to staying away from them.
tIB
Krk r5 fit your budget, not perfect but very good.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1