Manis Iteritas complimentary oscillators / sound sources

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

NaiveMelody
Common Wiggler

Manis Iteritas complimentary oscillators / sound sources

Post by NaiveMelody » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:22 am

I got a Manis Iteritas a few weeks ago and have fallen in love with it as an oscillator. I just love the sound, dark and gritty but still flexible and expressive.

I'm getting a lot of Russell Haswell type sounds of it.

I'm really interested to know what other oscillators or sound sources other people are using alongside it?

I've been using a Basimilus Iteritas Alter as well as a Squid Salmple, and am hankering after another osc to work with it.

starthief
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Manis Iteritas complimentary oscillators / sound sources

Post by starthief » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:36 am

Hmm... I never really think in these terms, as much as "what oscillators will work well with my musical style." For a while I was concerned about not having too much overlap in how oscillators sounded, but realized how you use them is more important.

What I liked most about Manis was its weight, and I wasn't that excited about cranking it to its noisiest extremes -- so it tended to occupy the dark basement of things, leaving the rest of the spectrum for literally anything else.

As a practical matter I tended to use it with E370, Hertz Donut mk2 and Kermit the most because those were my favorite oscillators. (Still are, just substitute E352.) I use them in a variety of ways but I favor growly FM or folded voices, or sort of "dusty" digital sounds.

blaythe.steuer
Common Wiggler

Re: Manis Iteritas complimentary oscillators / sound sources

Post by blaythe.steuer » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:04 am

I like to use my pittsburgh voltage lab oscillators with it. you can get to some insane territory texture wise with those two and it doesn’t HAVE to be abrasive. complex analog oscillator + manis iteritas is too much fun

Return to “Eurorack Modules”