MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

problem with Doepfer 132 VCA, 2nd VCA not working(bottom)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author problem with Doepfer 132 VCA, 2nd VCA not working(bottom)
rico loverde
Hey wigglers, got a used Doepfer VCA 132 and the bottom VCA is not working. Anyone have this happen to them? Top VCA works fine but the bottom doesnt do anything, I know it worked yesterday...

Should I try replacing the ics? I dont think I can send it back to Doepfer since it is 2nd hand.

Any ideas what could have caused this? Im using a A-100 diy #2 kit with it and all mother modules work fine including the other 132.
miminashi
I had this problem with a newly purchased 132-3. I foolishly sent it back to the seller in Canada for a replacement (which ended up taking forever), when I'm sure replacing one of the op-amps would have done the trick - so I think you have the right idea about replacing the ICs.
felix
Is that the dual linear 4HP module? I have one of those and it's the same way. I hardly used it, due to lack of offset and input attenuators, so I'm too lazy to fix it.
rico loverde
yea the A-132 dual linear 4hp, it was workin great. no idea what would have caused it to not pass sound anymore
bliss000
I purchased a dead A-136 Waveshaper. Replacing the two amp chips worked great. Should be a very cheap fix.
felix
rico loverde wrote:
yea the A-132 dual linear 4hp, it was workin great. no idea what would have caused it to not pass sound anymore

I don't really know if the lower half of mine ever worked.

If you come to the AH BA meetup, whenever that ends up being, I'll give you mine. You'll have two working halves then, just not in the same module! hihi
rico loverde
thanx James, thats very kind of you. I ordered a couple of each ic from jameco, if it works ill send u a couple. Then we will both have a fully working vca!!! Looking forward to the AH BA since I only know 1 or 2 people in the bay into modular..
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1