MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Is this normal HD lfo behavior?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Author Is this normal HD lfo behavior?
nuttymad
When I use my HD as an lfo I notice a weird sound at the peak of a wave. Is this normal sounding to all you HD users?
Chuck E. Jesus
i tried a quick test and was not getting that result...did you try attenuating the lfo signal? what exactly are you using for the carrier in your example?
nuttymad
The example above was the output of the modulator osc into the input of the primary cv input. The primary osc frequency knob set to 2 oclock and the modulator osc set to "Lo" lfo range.

seriously, i just don't get it help
justin3am
Does the same thing happen when you use the FM index as opposed to manually routing the output of the mod osc to the Primary CV in?
nuttymad
justin3am wrote:
Does the same thing happen when you use the FM index as opposed to manually routing the output of the mod osc to the Primary CV in?

Nope, that works fine. It only happens when I route LFOs to the CV ins of the HD. It's like the pitch can't go high enough and I get that weird tone instead of no sound. confused
bsmith
He says that input voltages above 5v may cause wackiness, have you checked out a multi meter to see what you're giving it when this happens?
Chuck E. Jesus
sorry, i thought the LFO out in general was causing issues, can't check out my HD atm...
nuttymad
bsmith wrote:
He says that input voltages above 5v may cause wackiness, have you checked out a multi meter to see what you're giving it when this happens?

No I haven't. I've never tested a modules voltage before, but I do own a multimeter. Where do I use my meters test leads on a module to test voltage, surely I don't stick it in a jack? lol
bsmith
Basically when you hear Unwanted Stuff Happen, take whatever cv it is you are putting into the donut and either mult it or just take the cable out of the jack put the 2 meter probes on the tip (use +) and sleeve (use -) of the plug to see if you're going above 5v.
nuttymad
ok, multimeter says I'm not sending anything above 5v. thanks for helping me test my voltage, bsmith!

hmm...now what? hmmm.....
A Dingleberry Monstrosity
older firmware?

iirc the updated firmware corrected "chiffing" and other oddities.
chinard
A Dingleberry Monstrosity wrote:
older firmware?

iirc the updated firmware corrected "chiffing" and other oddities.

how does one verify the firmware on the HD?
shit if I know, most likely when you bought it and from where.

if you bought it from AH, they should know.
I bought mine from them recently and they confirmed that I was getting the updated firmware when I bought it.
nuttymad
Can someone try this patch out for me and tell me if it sounds like the example I posted? There might not be anything wrong with my hd at all. Thanks in advance!

nuttymad wrote:
The example above was the output of the modulator osc into the input of the primary cv input. The primary osc frequency knob set to 2 oclock and the modulator osc set to "Lo" lfo range.
nuttymad
anyone?
Human Koala
same behaviour here but i think it is normal it is a digital oscillator and what you are hearing it is just aliasing at high modulation try to modulate another oscillator instead of the hertz donut and you won't have this artefact
so it is not the lfo ( i've tried with an AO i don't have the artefact)

H
nuttymad
Human Koala wrote:
same behaviour here but i think it is normal it is a digital oscillator and what you are hearing it is just aliasing at high modulation try to modulate another oscillator instead of the hertz donut and you won't have this artefact
so it is not the lfo ( i've tried with an AO i don't have the artefact)

H

Good to know. Thanks for trying that out for me! thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Page 1 of 1