Qaudrax

home of post-70s electronics

Moderators: Kent, bartlebooth

Titus
Learning to Wiggle

Qaudrax

Post by Titus » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:05 am

I've been looking into the Quadrax and I'm nearly ready to take the plunge of faith.

I've seen a couple of threads about it but would love to hear more examples. Merlatte's descirption was wonderfully detailed.

Does anyone have one or played one? Any videos would be very welcomed!

Titus

triangle
Learning to Wiggle

Re: Qaudrax

Post by triangle » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:03 pm

I don’t have any vids but own Quatrax, Sidrax and Tetrax. Quatrax is similar to Tetrax with it’s saws and slider behavior but can also dial in triangles for similar to Sidrax tones. One thing is I have to patch from ground to a blue fm on my Tetrax if I want to get its oscillator(s) into reallllly sloooow lfo/cv range but with Quatrax I can already get into lfo/cv range from knob/slider settings so that’s really handy. It’s a really incredible instrument, it can definitely get similar Tet/Sid sounds but has its own world of unique sounds and textures to discover. I wish I wouldn’t have hesitated for so long before getting one.

merlatte
Common Wiggler

Post by merlatte » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:06 pm

Hey, thanks!

Unfortunately, I didn’t keep the Quatrax for too long; I found 14 barres to be a little copious and the thing was just too big for my small workplace. I think a double Tetrax would be a bit more manageable and give you a little more control and versatility- ie more chaos/pitch knobs and jacks. Of course, ymmv and apologies for the negativity. It’s still a killer instrument despite it being subjectively not for me.

Titus
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Titus » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:29 am

Thanks guys! Really constructive to get two different perspectives. I have both Tet and Sid but I'm always looking for more barres! I love the idea of the blend of the two too. Seems like the instrument for me.

Return to “Ciat-Lonbarde”