MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

outboard sequencer to drive a SCI Pro One??
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author outboard sequencer to drive a SCI Pro One??
RNAorganism
I have no clue why the sequencer on my Pro One does not work...
Would like to figure out how to hook up an outboard sequencer via CV in...

do any of you suggest a certain kind? i know voice of saturn makes a kit/and pre assembled 10 step sequencer. What should I know before buying one in terms of lining up voltages, etc...Was going to buy an old PAiA sequencer from tone tweakers but they were not completely sure it would "work" with my Pro One...

not the saviest builder, so premade ones are fine by me...
haricots
any sequencer with 1v/oct should be ok. i've used many different sequencer with the Pro One.
dude
as stated, anything 1v/o should work. probably hundreds of options. your desired specs are the important part assuming the synth works. this one looks pretty cool 8_) :
dougt
MC-202 or SH-101. Also double as nifty synths... Mr. Green
Henfield
Check out the MFB Step-64, it can control multiple CVs, can output via MIDI or CV, and has many other features as well.
7thDanSound
Totally depending on a lot of things but I use an Elektron MonoMachine to sequence other gear -it'd work perfectly with a ProOne. It would also do a great job processing it's audio. Or the other way around, the ProOne mangling the output of the MM. Oh, and then sending it back in again! nanners
MindMachine
Roalnd CSQ-100 or 600 are great digital sequencers. You enter the notes from your synth keyborad and... that is it.
Synthbuilder
RNAorganism wrote:

Does your arpeggiator work? If not it's probably a dead U114 which is a CMOS 4049UBE. Ruddy things always seem to die.

Tony
mamonu
to the OP:

a nifty way to sequence analog synths would be a (Eurorack) tiptopZ8000 and a intellijel ustep.
thats what i started building my modular on.., planning to control a sh101 and a sh7 with it.....

(i just got sidetracked into getting a synth voice as well ! hyper )
mamonu
Synthbuilder wrote:
RNAorganism wrote:

Does your arpeggiator work? If not it's probably a dead U114 which is a CMOS 4049UBE. Ruddy things always seem to die.

Tony

Tony what if one of the two sequencers on a Pro-One doesnt work but the other does.... is it the same component thats failing?

the appregiator works BTW
computer controlled
Bad switch, not making contact on the side with the non functioning sequencer?
Babaluma
Future Retro Orb?

Synthbuilder
mamonu wrote:

Then the 4049UBE is probably fine.

I would suspect the three way Seq 1 and Seq 2 switch. Clean it out with a good squirt of iso propyl alcohol, cleaning up any excess liquid and preferably use a tissue to prevent any IPA getting anywhere but the switch. While still wet give the switch a good thrashing by moving it up and down several times. Wait for it to completely dry and then use a small amount of Faderlube or other lubey switch cleaner on the switch.

Tony
mamonu
Synthbuilder wrote:
mamonu wrote:

Then the 4049UBE is probably fine.

I would suspect the three way Seq 1 and Seq 2 switch. Clean it out with a good squirt of iso propyl alcohol, cleaning up any excess liquid and preferably use a tissue to prevent any IPA getting anywhere but the switch. While still wet give the switch a good thrashing by moving it up and down several times. Wait for it to completely dry and then use a small amount of Faderlube or other lubey switch cleaner on the switch.

Tony

thanks a million! it worked nanners Mr. Green
minime123
i just noticed this thread. i wouldve recommended cleaning the switches as well. its very common to find bad connections in pro1 switches and pots.
mini
Limey
the doepfer darktime would look good with a pro one
got some really nice fearures to

chamomileshark
+1 on the Roland CSQs
7thDanSound
Glad you got your ProOne to work again, it's a lovely little machine, especially with the sequencer running. Check this thread for a demo of the synthesizers.com analog sequencer that would work perfectly with a ProOne. It could be clocked by the ProOne or clocking it, lots of fun to be had!

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=364096#364096
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1