MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

4 HP Power?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author 4 HP Power?
rattlework
uZEUS
http://www.tiptopaudio.com/
Veqtor
looks great =D
MrDys
"watch out hot surface"

Uhh. :-\
hawklord2112
i just made a sex wee.
Kodama

This is fun!
Chuck E. Jesus
i will be getting this thumbs up
hv0190
Wow! applause
When this comes over to Europe competition will definitely become much tougher for Doepfer. I was just about to order another DIY Kit, but I should maybe wait for this one!
jca
good price point and what I have from Tiptop is quality.
MrDys
Pretty sure no price has been mentioned at all.

Pretty sure.
Kodama
I was joking about the 75 bux oops

It would be nice if people would bundle the necessary components together at an attractive price point, like MW did with the Ecorack.
RichyHo
love I'll take 6 love
Monobass
power connection into the front panel seems unnecessary for a module clearly aimed at DIY case solutions.

Maybe it's just my slightly OCD brain but I hate the idea of that power cable nestling in with patch cables.
Jason Brock
Monobass wrote:
power connection into the front panel seems unnecessary for a module clearly aimed at DIY case solutions.

I think it is aimed at non-DIY people. No woodworking necessary, or any other construction really. Buy a standard 19" rack, their TTA rails and ears and just slap it together. If you're using an off-the-shelf rack and you can't/don't want to drill holes in it, then front mount is the only option for power.
Kakihara
How much ma and how long the distribution cable is?
MrDys
The faceplate says 2000mA.
computer controlled
Wee ha! Euro housing is getting cheaper and cheaper.
bint
brilliant design.
BugBrand
MrDys wrote:
The faceplate says 2000mA.

Yes, but that is DC input - conversions are never 100% efficient and you are also generating three separate supply voltages.

My guess is that this uses smart/modern DC-DC converters like Buchla (that name-drop should get people excited?!).
richard
no busboards, nice....
hawklord2112
MrDys wrote:

Pretty sure.

Given that the Flight power goes for I would guess that this is going to be similar, maybe a little more as it has the boardless connectors
Thing it that it looks like It will do only 10 modules, enough for a 3u desktop but not a massive amount more...
Chuck E. Jesus
hawklord2112 wrote:

Thing it that it looks like It will do only 10 modules, enough for a 3u desktop but not a massive amount more...

that's exactly what i'll do with it, a DIY "skiff" style performance box...
Scaff
hawklord2112 wrote:
MrDys wrote:

Pretty sure.

Given that the Flight power goes for I would guess that this is going to be similar, maybe a little more as it has the boardless connectors

I think when you add a busboard to the power cable you will be able to drive more than 3U with it.
Kakihara
Oh 2000 ma nice... twas written too small, I had to remove my glasses to see it LOL
(I have terrible far vision hehe)

Anybody,knows how long are the connectors cables ?

g.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1