MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

zRail mounting screws
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author zRail mounting screws
daverj
A question for those that have bought and used zRails...

I'm thinking of getting a set and am curious about the screws that go in the sides to hold them to side plates. The AH page (I believe incorrectly) says it uses two 3.3mm screws to hold them in. The drawing for the rail says M4. (the hole itself is 3.3mm)

Did you use regular M4 screws? Or does it need M4 thread cutting screws? I'd like to use black flathead screws, but they're hard (impossible?) to find in the thread cutting style.

I guess I could get an M4 tap and tap the holes for regular M4 screws if the thread cutting type are the normal ones needed.
qu.one
It's 4mm.
qu.one
I actually bought a set quickly by going to the local hobby shop. RC cars use 4mm - and mine wer black hex.

Anyone who's buys end cheeks from me will get Phillips pan head 4mm for their zrails - in zinc.
daverj
Cool. So they were the kind with just regular machine screw ends on them? (not self tapping / thread cutting ones)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1