Know a carpenter in Los Angeles? I need a Eurorack cabinet.

Anything modular synth related that is not format specific.

Moderators: luketeaford, Joe., lisa, Kent

jonkull
Lowest Common Denominator Patcher

Know a carpenter in Los Angeles? I need a Eurorack cabinet.

Post by jonkull » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:24 pm

So after an aborted attempt at building my own Eurorack cabinet (yeah, my wood working skills are quite bad apparently) I decided it would be in my best interest to have one made. Unfortunately the few local people I called weren't interested in helping me. Too small a job to waste their time on.

So if any of you live in or around Los Angeles, have ever had a cabinet built (complete with holes drilled for PSU, busses and rails) and can recommend a carpenter I'd appreciate it. I'd like to stay local so I can avoid shipping charges.

goiks
Hardest Tryer

Post by goiks » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:05 am

If you ever go up to Mammoth we could build one in my shop (shipping container), I live nearby. I could also see if my brother is interested, he makes nice furniture and lives in the Santa Monica mountains. I've built 2 so far (MOTM and Euro), and going to build a Frac this weekend. Doing it with pine from the local lumberyard costs about $10-15 in materials. Add $20 for a used power supply(!), $9 for switches and fuses, and a busboard, and you have a case/ps for under $100.

jonkull
Lowest Common Denominator Patcher

Post by jonkull » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:04 am

Thanks for the offer but I don't imagine I'll be in Mammoth any time soon.

Return to “Modular Synth General Discussion”