MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Know a carpenter in Los Angeles? I need a Eurorack cabinet.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Author Know a carpenter in Los Angeles? I need a Eurorack cabinet.
jonkull
So after an aborted attempt at building my own Eurorack cabinet (yeah, my wood working skills are quite bad apparently) I decided it would be in my best interest to have one made. Unfortunately the few local people I called weren't interested in helping me. Too small a job to waste their time on.

So if any of you live in or around Los Angeles, have ever had a cabinet built (complete with holes drilled for PSU, busses and rails) and can recommend a carpenter I'd appreciate it. I'd like to stay local so I can avoid shipping charges.
goiks
If you ever go up to Mammoth we could build one in my shop (shipping container), I live nearby. I could also see if my brother is interested, he makes nice furniture and lives in the Santa Monica mountains. I've built 2 so far (MOTM and Euro), and going to build a Frac this weekend. Doing it with pine from the local lumberyard costs about $10-15 in materials. Add $20 for a used power supply(!), $9 for switches and fuses, and a busboard, and you have a case/ps for under $100.
jonkull
Thanks for the offer but I don't imagine I'll be in Mammoth any time soon.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Page 1 of 1