MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Controlling your Modular
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Author Controlling your Modular
wetterberg
Cat-A-Tonic wrote:
or can you simply output a track from your DAW offset to CV levels?
or just use an audio click track to sync?
as you know these are two very different things - audio click track to sync works on nearly every system I've ever come across. You may need to amp it up, but it just works.

It's in the time dimension "normal" setups have a problem - make the movement of CVs slow enough, and they simply won't pass beyond the audio interface - DC blocked.

And it's often a problem of generation, too - you can't get a normal DAW to generate uber-slow waveforms. That's where we turn to MaxMSP, PD and similar - but for plain syncing you could do nicely with a simple pulse train made from a little click from an audio editor.

Hope this helps... a bit, at least.
sascha.victoria
Every software sequencer lets you dial in the MIDI slop. Once you do that it shouldn't be an issue. Also, you can always record your tracks into your sequencer as audio and then nudge the audio over however many samples so everything is in time.
wetterberg
sascha.victoria wrote:
Every software sequencer lets you dial in the MIDI slop. Once you do that it shouldn't be an issue. Also, you can always record your tracks into your sequencer as audio and then nudge the audio over however many samples so everything is in time.
that would be true, if it was consistent. Unfortunately midi control often leads to timing errors in the midi stream, so simple nudging won't help.
We have to face the fact that midi timing is cack. Having said that it isn't the main problem - it's still midi res (or lack thereof wink )
modularplanner
I dont use a PC to MIDI sequence anymore as I found it too distracting and unreliable. When I did use Cubase years ago in the late 80's/early 90's it was on an Atari 1040ST and I found that to be great, timing wise.

I'll be using a machine drum now (when it turns up), MIDI'd to the A-190 in the Doepfer to fire off the A-155. I'm going to try to keep everything hardware sequenced now, although I'm waiting to see what the new Kyma box will be like as I may just be tempted to save up and use that.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Page 2 of 2