MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

iPhone iPad APPs....etc.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next [all]
Author iPhone iPad APPs....etc.
ritchiedrums
Just looking for some views here.

I am new to the Synth community,
but have been performing & recording for 25 years.
Whenever something new appears I have always been open.
Guitar synth, Electronic drums, sequencers, digital boxes, software....
Never have I laughed at things or thought "The Old One Is Better"
Always accepted that acoustic instruments have a place
and vice-versa.....

Now I'm trying to remain open,
but do we really expect to be making REAL music on iPhones?

I've seen the guitar amp APPs and realize that this is a great practice tool for a hotel room. Tools for practicing or recording rough ideas seem great for a phone.

Today I see this: http://filtatron.moogmusic.com/

This is NOT a TOY............REALLY??
qu.one
iElectribe for iPAD by KORG is by far my favorite thing to play with so far.
haricots
Take a look at Jasutu Pro and Filtatron (Moog app).
goiks
mugician looks cool.

ritchiedrums
YES! These all look like fun.
Will you guys be using these on Final Tracks?
qu.one
iElectribe is practically an exact copy of their ESX-1 and sounds exactly like it.

i have a few others (jasuto, beatmaker, even rebirth) but the KORG one is absolutely pro in my opinion.
felix
Bebot is one of my favorites by a very long stretch.
iElectribe is a lot of fun too. Jasuto Pro has *lots* of functionality, but I lack the patience to make patches via that kind of interface.

I like iDrum Beatbox Edition (iPhone) *a lot*. Allows you to easily sample something via the iPhone's built in mic and then play it live, or sequence it out (albeit a 16-step sequence resolution).

Intua Beatmaker is pretty impressive too.

I assisted with some production on a friend's concept album that was created entirely from an iPhone. It was tracked and mixed with a DAW, but all the sound generation (and even some of the processing) was all done from the iPhone.

http://freematik.com/
qu.one
felix wrote:
...Jasuto Pro has *lots* of functionality, but I lack the patience to make patches via that kind of interface..

AGREED.
mono-poly
Morphwiz, Sound Yeah and Curtis are great apz to.
boramx
felix wrote:

I like iDrum Beatbox Edition (iPhone) *a lot*. Allows you to easily sample something via the iPhone's built in mic and then play it live, or sequence it out (albeit a 16-step sequence resolution).

yesyes! i love that one! i went crazy in my house sampling all my doors and pots and pans and making kits.

also, i feel i need to share this one, 'cause it's awesome as heck----

sampletoy.

this is like a bizarre "max for live" plug in instrument. sample anything with the built in mic and make loops or ugly grains and play it microtonally or diatonic. it's polyphonic too. by far the most bonkers one i've used and only two bucks. 8_)

surprisingly ergonomic UI, i can really wail with it and make lots of great noises and loops quick.
krv
Three apps I really love....

Sonic Wire Sculptor: is an excellent drone maker
Aurora sound studio: gave me the chance to have a tenorion
Touchable: ..... and Ableton Live come to life

Next move will be the reactable one
krv
Oh... anybody tried POLYSTEPARP yet?
darenager
I buy quite a lot of music apps, very few of them are that useable on my phone, but on the ipad they are a lot better due to the larger screen.

IMHO the best apps are the ones that do one thing well, the multitrack studio type things like Beatmaker and Nanostudio feel cramped to me and are overly fiddly and I don't use them.

But there are a few apps that are a lot of fun and very cool:

Bebot - Agree with Felix, amazingly expressive, fun and sounds great

Technobox - I use it for writing 303 lines and drums when out and about for later translation into my proper gear.

Nanoloop - Minimal 6 track FM/Sample/Squarewave sequencer synth, very easy to use and surprisingly versatile.

Sampletoy - Again as mentioned, sample something into it FSU, play it with the touchpad, the sum of which is somehow much more than the parts.

Jasuto Pro - Agree, very good modular thing, but a bit of a fiddly interface, saved from deletion by the good results possible.

Mandala - Great, simple, playable

Nlog - Nice sounding synth, quite playable too

There are some handy studio utilities too, Midi memo, Midi surface, Polytune, Oblique, littlemidi, S1miditrigger, Oscope, Tempodelay.

The moog thing is ok, probably best for sampling though.

Reactable is ok too, but Jasuto is a bit better I think.
Luka
i have sonvox, reactable and trixmix 2
MrBiggs
What do you mean by "REAL" music? What's not real? I have tracks with a $5 Casio keyboard playing percussion on them.

That said, I think that the apps are best at making stuff to sample/record and mess with, or to have on a train and airplane. Like the Moog filter thing, I don't know if I'd have it replace any real Moog anything. After a year of downloading a ton of stuff for my iPhone, I realized I don't really like any of it. Like Felix said, Jasuto is great but it's such a pain in the ass to use the interface on the itsy screen. And I could say this for many of the best apps.

My favorite thing lately is only on iPad. http://www.soundythingie.net/
I found a Soundythingie for my laptop, but I really wish it was on my telephone.

Synthpond is still something I use when just sittin around. And I like the matrix sequencers like Tonepad. Have fun!
amnesia
Curtis would be great if it just opened !!!!!!!!!! It crashes all the funking time!!!!!!!!!!

ANd their support is shit
krv
If you like soundy thingie you'd give sonic wire sculptor a try

ritchiedrums
Thank You All thumbs up
I should have been more specific on REAL MUSIC:

Music that you would be willing to sell or present as You.
Not a DEMO or "Phone Message"
Guinness ftw!
krv
ritchiedrums wrote:
Thank You All thumbs up
I should have been more specific on REAL MUSIC:

Music that you would be willing to sell or present as You.
Not a DEMO or "Phone Message"
Guinness ftw!

...wow, it's a whole world of endless choices then....
I'm very into dark, slow evolving drones, so apps like sonic wire sculptor is very "Me".
At the same time I'm a big fan of 80's techno pop and from time to time I enjoy to play/write some (let's say) "classic" tunes (those old bulls***s with bass, drums, keys etc. etc.) then apps like Aurora sound studio are a good choice.
All that just to say that I-Pad music world is not just "toys", you can definetly make some real stuff to match "your own" music.
mono-poly
amnesia wrote:
Curtis would be great if it just opened !!!!!!!!!! It crashes all the funking time!!!!!!!!!!

ANd their support is shit

Never had a problem with on ipad/iphone.
Synesthesia
already mentionned here, however i fucking love it :

Reactable on ipad is a lot of fun !
pickleinn
my 4 month old jamming out some ipad morphwiz:
http://qik.com/video/17355405
JohnLRice
pickleinn wrote:
my 4 month old jamming out some ipad morphwiz:
http://qik.com/video/17355405

Cool! thumbs up
gmcerveny
ritchiedrums wrote:

Now I'm trying to remain open,
but do we really expect to be making REAL music on iPhones?

Nope
Slabwax
How many wigglers are using Aurora sound studio? It looks cool but, the reviews seem to be mixed at best. I'm not sue if its just the price or if it is the function. I'm enjoying the new Moog app and the Korg app.

Slabwax
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next [all]
Page 1 of 22