MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

MY DALEK CAME MY DALEK CAME MY DALEK CAME MY DALEK CAME!!!!!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author MY DALEK CAME MY DALEK CAME MY DALEK CAME MY DALEK CAME!!!!!
tragedybysyntax
But I only have it for a day to "Make sure it works". Xmas present from the parents.... lol. She gets wrapped and will sit under a fucking fake tree till xmas to pop open and put BACK into my rack. However... tonight is carnage, I can't wait to patch her up tonight for hours upon hours and have fun!!!
YAY DALEK YAY DALEK YAY DALEK.

Anybody else LOVING there Dalek? smile
Muff Wiggler
mine's in the mail w00t
Cybananna
mine is on a truck being delivered today....

I feel your pain though. I have a Metasonix TM-1 and a Vulcan Modulator waiting under the tree like you...

when the Dalek arrives tonight, i'll be able to have it right away. I paid for that one!
humanfaculties
Got mine yesterday! w00t

Feel like I've been waiting forever to get one of these.

jonkull
Mine (along with it's Vulcan brother) are on a truck out for delivery as I type this. Feels like Christmas already.
tragedybysyntax
humanfaculties what's next to your dalek? Plague Bearer? smile
humanfaculties
tragedybysyntax wrote:
humanfaculties what's next to your dalek? Plague Bearer? smile

Yep. 8)

Also there's triwave picogenerator showing above.

I have to find a friend for the Dalek though....it's looking a little forlorn, all alone in the beauty case.
Cybananna
mine arrived...but I can use it yet....later this evening... waah hyper
flight
I see an original Plague Bearer! w00t!

(slightly modified though wink I bet you had fun with the screws!)
felix
tragedybysyntax wrote:

Yep I am, I love the Dalek. One of my favorite sounds I'm able to make with my system, is the Ring Mod out with cross-modulation between the two VCOs (just turn up the CV in attenuators without cables connected).

I also use it a lot as a modulation source. My only quip with it is that it does not track 1v/Oct. Not because I want to play it with a keyboard, but now that I have the AFGs, I'd love it if it could track the same scale as them (which is 1v/Oct).
dkcg
felix wrote:
tragedybysyntax wrote:

Yep I am, I love the Dalek. One of my favorite sounds I'm able to make with my system, is the Ring Mod out with cross-modulation between the two VCOs (just turn up the CV in attenuators without cables connected).

I also use it a lot as a modulation source. My only quip with it is that it does not track 1v/Oct. Not because I want to play it with a keyboard, but now that I have the AFGs, I'd love it if it could track the same scale as them (which is 1v/Oct).

I love my Dalek, but just as the Vulcan has no reset, I wish the Dalek had at a sync input.

It's nice to use as just a ringmod for external signals too. Some really nice percussive sounds.
Glitchmachines
Just got the Dalek and Vulcan today as well... along with the Stilton and Polyvoks. The QMMG arrives tomorrow. Thankfully, I am Santa around these parts, so no waiting is needed hyper
jonkull
No Dalek for me tonight...it arrived damaged. I guess it will be a few more days before I hear it sing.
Glitchmachines
jonkull wrote:
No Dalek for me tonight...it arrived damaged. I guess it will be a few more days before I hear it sing.

Yeah, I think I spoke too soon. My Dalek is fine, but my Vulcan seems to have the Flu. One of the blue LEDs is not lighting up and the whole module seems like it's behaving oddly. I've quadruple checked that everything is plugged correctly, so I must have just got a dud.

Oh well, the QMMG will keep me warm until the replacement arrives! nodnod
A Dingleberry Monstrosity
your dalek came? gross....

I dont think I want a dalek anymore d'oh!
criticalmonkey
i just got mine too - oh the joy - santa has been good to me

the dalek into the tyme sefari and a wave splicer was a 3 hour knob party
siegfried Kuhn
felix wrote:
tragedybysyntax wrote:

Thats funny - I discussed the same thing with Pual from Schneiders Buero.
The oscillators in the Dalek are not exponential ( 1 V/Oct ) but linear which is Hz / Oct. Playing the Dalek with a V/oct to Hz/oct converter should work. I think Elby designs makes one of these.
dkcg
siegfried Kuhn wrote:
felix wrote:
tragedybysyntax wrote:

The oscillators in the Dalek are not exponential ( 1 V/Oct ) but linear which is Hz / Oct. Playing the Dalek with a V/oct to Hz/oct converter should work. I think Elby designs makes one of these.

Shit! Good to know. I'll have to try tonight with the Pro solo set to Hz.
felix
siegfried Kuhn wrote:
felix wrote:
tragedybysyntax wrote:

I tried that with my Kenton 2000, which allowed for the "A" output to be 1v/Oct and the "B" output to be Hz/V and it didn't work. However, thinking about it now, it's possible that the CV in attenuator might need to be less than fully-counterclockwise for that to work.
tragedybysyntax
wow I love this thing... I need to mess around tonight with one of the vco's triggering my sequencer and the other triggering the inhibit!! smile
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1