MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

PLL Samples
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author PLL Samples
dougcl
PLL based patch examples made over the last week or so. I discovered that the PLL and BBD play well together. Send the PLL output to the BBD, send the BBD output back to the PLL. Run a sequencer to the BBD clock CV. Meanwhile, take the PLL comp out and or LPF out and use it to open VCA's filters, whatever.
Kent
Nice stuff. A pretty creative patch. This should be linked to Alex's Feedback thread.

I wish you had posted these BEFORE I promised not to buy any further gear for the next two months.

#4 is the Shiznit!
dougcl
Thanks. It's hard to know what thread to post in or to create a new one, but I thought maybe a new thread where everyone can pile their PLL oddities might be nice. Here is one more:
Chuck E. Jesus
cool stuff, very old school/sci-fi sounding...most of the PLL stuff i've done is pretty boring, i'm going to have to experiment more!
Roycie Roller
Thanks for posting these, there are some really nice sounds there. Lately i've been thinking about how to track an oscillator with a 2nd oscillator that has a variable slew, sort of like a chewy sync. Reading the Wogglebug thread in the DIY section, Grant Richter describes the Wogglebug as being a VCO trying to be tracked by a 2nd VCO controlled by a PLL, which in turn is being "rythmically disturbed by another random source". I don' t have the conventional modules to try this, but in theory, it might be possible for you to patch up a "wogglebug" of sorts, using 2 oscillators, the PLL, and a random source.
dougcl
Roycie Roller wrote:
Thanks for posting these, there are some really nice sounds there. Lately i've been thinking about how to track an oscillator with a 2nd oscillator that has a variable slew, sort of like a chewy sync. Reading the Wogglebug thread in the DIY section, Grant Richter describes the Wogglebug as being a VCO trying to be tracked by a 2nd VCO controlled by a PLL, which in turn is being "rythmically disturbed by another random source". I don' t have the conventional modules to try this, but in theory, it might be possible for you to patch up a "wogglebug" of sorts, using 2 oscillators, the PLL, and a random source.

Thanks for the compliment! Well, the cool thing is the PLL has a VCO in it, so you only need it and a second (master) VCO and a random signal. One entry point for a random signal is on the master VCO pitch, or the master pulse width, or both. The other thing you can do is modify the PLL control signal which by default is internally wired, but you can tap it, modify it and send it on to the internal VCO. You can butcher up this signal, or calm it down by mixing in the master VCO pitch cv. I wish I knew more about the woggle bug! I wish I could fiddle with a Wiard.
Roycie Roller
This is where DIY is really interesting, because the Phase Lock Loop also comes in the form of an IC (CD4046), so experimenting with it in combination with other IC's on a breadboard would be fun. I just read up a bit about the PLL chip, and it can also do frequency demodulation...Sounds interesting.. hmmm.....
If you're into DIY, people have built Bridechamber's #3 Wogglebug in Euro format.
flts
I built the Euro Wogglebug (using the group buy PCB which seems to be exact same design Bridechamber is selling) and it's a boatload of fun. The thing is, the VCOs and ring mod on Wogglebug #3 ARE actually pretty much done using the very same CD4046 PLL chip. See Grant's page http://www.musicsynthesizer.com/WoggleBug/WoggleBug.html and Richard's page http://pugix.com/synth/diy-wiard-wogglebug/ for explanations on how the thing works as whole.
brandon daniel
Fine, I concede, I give in, I just picked up the used PLL that hit the AH list.
ehdyn
brandon daniel wrote:
Fine, I concede, I give in, I just picked up the used PLL that hit the AH list.

So it was you! angry
You beat me by a µsecond - i'm diving for it next time.

Patches sound wild Dougcl, thanks for sharing!
brandon daniel
Guilty as charged. I jumped on it without really thinking...
ehdyn
brandon daniel wrote:
Guilty as charged. I jumped on it without really thinking...

Ha, enjoy it man 8)
"I'm like a dog chasing a car - wouldn't know what to do with it if i caught it."
Sorry, just watched the movie.

Surprised by these examples - normally i dont really like effects especially delay.
"pII fun" sounds so lush - pretty eye opening stuff there.

I picked up the a106, seems cool.

Fwiw, I purchased an M13 from "Control" a week ago, and it showed up packed snug and flawless.
Roycie Roller
ehdyn wrote:

Fwiw, I purchased an M13 from "Control" a week ago, and it showed up packed snug and flawless.

Yes, he's an awesome trader. I got a Blacet rack, ps500 & EG1 from him that were exquisitely delivered.
brandon daniel
ehdyn wrote:

Ha, enjoy it man 8)

Oh, I intend to.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1