Waldorph Pulse

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: luketeaford, Joe., lisa, Kent

Chuck E. Jesus
holier than thou

Waldorph Pulse

Post by Chuck E. Jesus » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:30 am

finally got a chance to play with the Pulse that i traded the keyless Pro One for with mr Zerosum, and me likey...easy enough to program w/o looking at a manual, but i need to d/l the CC table so i can use my BCR2000 for even easier programming...the strength so far seems to be the wide varity of tones with the 3 oscs and the tendedcy to overload :D

gotta go, i'm on a friends computer....not goint to be around much this summer, trying to remodle my studio and home, and getting my camper studio going as well....

later...

zerosum
Modulation Maniac

Post by zerosum » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:03 pm

THe cross mod is freaking sweet...
Why dont they just call them FM??
I'll look it up, but I swear its the same thing.

the mod matrix is great..
I'll definitly track down a plus model later/eventually/long time from now..

Chuck E. Jesus
holier than thou

Post by Chuck E. Jesus » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:34 am

zerosum wrote:THe cross mod is freaking sweet...
Why dont they just call them FM??
I'll look it up, but I swear its the same thing.

the mod matrix is great..
I'll definitly track down a plus model later/eventually/long time from now..
FM is generally thought to be linear (ala yamaha), and "cross mod" i guess is exponential i suppose? yeah, i been messing with the crossmod a ton...the Pulse really comes alive with th BCR2000, i have a pretty good setup on it, makes it much more functional...the Pulse has quite a noticible stepping on certain things (filt, oscs etc), too bad they don't have a programmable lag proccesor...regardless, it sounds very good, fits in really well with my other gear...i haveit in a rack case and can fit an Alesis MMT8 and Zoom sampler including all cables and power supplies, i'm going to put my yammy AW4416 portastudio in a flight case, add a boom box and a Roland midi key, there's my camper studio right there....yes, i think our trade worked out great for both of us :D

Return to “General Gear”