MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Module equivalent to the Resonator in Ableton live?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Module equivalent to the Resonator in Ableton live?
intellijel
I was wondering if there was any module equivalent (or hardware in general) to the resonator plugin that is part of Ableton Live?

charlie
maybe one of yours eek! eek! Mr. Green
shamann
Nothing I can think of shy of getting some Eventide rack unit. The resonators are just five comb filters in parallel with an input filter. So you could do it if you had access to five delay lines with short times.

Is there any kind of comb filter or multiple delay program for the Z-DSP? It would be the most likely modular solution that comes to mind.
rezzn8r
It's only 3 channels, but seems kind of like the PMResonator.
http://www.groveaudio.com/eminstruments/pm_resonator.aspx
shamann
Those resonators are peak/band filters, where the Live resonators are short delays.
rezzn8r
d'oh!
thanks for the clarification
dude
i don't know about the cwejman resonator at all but maybe that would do something similar, though maybe it is bandpasses as well??? if not, what about 5 bi-n-tics in series?
BAM
dude
yeah never mind about the cwejman, tis just bandpasses. but the bi-n-tics'll do it i bet hihi
stk
Quite fond of this effect, please bring us one love
dkcg
5 RS-120 comb filters, a cwejman MMF-1, and a 6 channel mixer might sort get there. eek!

Looks like it would be one expensive module tho.
audibleobsession
This was always one of my fav effects in Ableton Live! Looks like the modular implementation would be pretty expensive though :S
discomicke
http://www.buchla.com/model_296e.html

This should be able to pull it off smile
dude
that monster is bandpass though right?
MrBiggs
Sometimes my Hertz Donut accidentally sounds like that, but I don't know how i done it.
wavehead
These effects are the kinds of things the Z-DSP and other digi programmable modules really should be providing. I hope the programming starts to take off, because I would get something like the Z-DSP in a heartbeat if it could do effects like this.

Then again, I could just use ableton.
ignatius
i'm another person hoping the ZDSP will deliver such things. some day.
dude
what are people waiting for on the zdsp? i ask in ignorance, not from snark.
Luka
i made a pcb layout for the buchla 295

it is just a comb filter but mean to have a metalic sound like which i can only assume is slightly similar to that abelton plug (prob not exact but close-ish)

i can post if you want
intellijel
Luka wrote:
i made a pcb layout for the buchla 295

it is just a comb filter but mean to have a metalic sound like which i can only assume is slightly similar to that abelton plug (prob not exact but close-ish)

i can post if you want

I would love to see a re-drawn schematic!
shamann
I was able to get a reasonable facsimile of the effect with a Timefactor over the weekend, albeit with only 2 delay lines instead of 5.

Having played around with the set up, I think a simple comb filter module with small space requirements, with an option to chain them (so that subsequent channels could have pitch set relative to the first and share an input) would be fantastic. One thing I like about the idea of chainable single delay lines is that I find I rarely ever use all five in Live.
haven
shamann wrote:
I was able to get a reasonable facsimile of the effect with a Timefactor over the weekend, albeit with only 2 delay lines instead of 5.

Having played around with the set up, I think a simple comb filter module with small space requirements, with an option to chain them (so that subsequent channels could have pitch set relative to the first and share an input) would be fantastic. One thing I like about the idea of chainable single delay lines is that I find I rarely ever use all five in Live.

I would love to hear how you set this up on the TimeFactor. Using short delays in Digital Delay mode? did you use the CV input?
ignatius
dude wrote:
what are people waiting for on the zdsp? i ask in ignorance, not from snark.

the programmer, more cards w/new programs etc.

the only things currently available are the ZDSP, the bats filter card, the dragon fly delay card.

the programmer called "numbers" is on the "coming soon" list at AH so hopefully they are wrapping up details and gonna roll it out soon.
rico loverde
I would kill for a module like the Resonator in Live. Love that plug in but man how sweet it would be in modular!!!!!

please please design one.
shamann
haven wrote:
shamann wrote:

I would love to hear how you set this up on the TimeFactor. Using short delays in Digital Delay mode? did you use the CV input?

I tried a few different delay modes. I prefer digital delay mode because of the modulation, but multitap worked pretty good too.

I'm using short delay times. Unfortunately, Timefactor only has delay times in whole milliseconds, so you don't have exact pitch ranges to work with. I've set delay mix to 10:10, and have feedback sitting at 101% to start. Since the Timefactor hard pans each delay line, I have each running into a mono mixer channel.

You can hear the Timefactor used as a comb filter on this track I posted to Soundcloud yesterday. There's a lot of effects, so it isn't the easiest thing to make out, but the feedback and comb filtery sounds in it are all Timefactor:
http://soundcloud.com/sighup/dst
_lex
curious if a HOG (harmonic octave generator) would do it..
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2