MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Serge panel choices
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Serge panel choices
bartlebooth
Hi, I am planning on starting a Serge system and was looking for some comments or advice before I ordered. I've sold alot of gear in the past year in order to be able to start with a two-panel setup plus the TKB. I've pretty much focussed in on the blue fun station (blue voice plus CV2 panel) as a nicely balanced option with alot of possibilities but with the M-odules now there are some other really intriguing alternatives. Another configuration that sounds appealing is the Animal + Quad Slope M-odule + CV Matrix mixer. I talked with Rex today and I am definitely leaning towards blue fun but thought I'd seek other opinions before finalizing it.

Thanks in advance for any advice/suggestions,

Steve
amnesia
The blue fun I would recommend..I have it and love it...Although the Animal is also an all in one system, you could always get that and then buy the M-series.
chimologic
You guys are going about this the wrong way.

GET ONE OF EVERYTHING
A Dingleberry Monstrosity
contact carbon111 on harmony-central.com
mono-poly
I would take:

Blue Voice + Red Control + TKB
bartlebooth
yes, the quantizer would be nice to have with the tkb. But the blue CV has an extra dual slope generator and CV processor. While in general I don't mind the panel-based approach, its kind of hard to decide until you've used some of these modules since many of them are unique. BTW, anyone know what the quadrature oscillator is good for besides quadrophonic panning?
parasitk
bartlebooth wrote:
BTW, anyone know what the quadrature oscillator is good for besides quadrophonic panning?

I would imagine sines of the purist harmonic integrity! Guinness ftw!

Actually I'd love to hear more about the quadrature oscillator too from anyone who may have one! w00t
wetterberg
parasitk wrote:
bartlebooth wrote:
BTW, anyone know what the quadrature oscillator is good for besides quadrophonic panning?

Actually I'd love to hear more about the quadrature oscillator too from anyone who may have one! w00t
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=29250#29250
felix
I've been going over this a lot myself, and I too would go with the blue fun station (blue voice, CV2 "blue control", TKB).

Down the line I'd add the Gator M-odule and eventually some other M-odule. I'm currently waiting to see what else they come out with.
parasitk
wetterberg wrote:
parasitk wrote:
bartlebooth wrote:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=29250#29250

I meant the Serge one. razz
amnesia
blue fun
amnesia
felix
oooh, and the Soup Kitchen panel! grin

I'm secretly hoping for Moog to come out with a frequency shifter moogerfooger. I have a feeling they won't simply because of the price/cost.
felix
A Dingleberry Monstrosity wrote:
contact carbon111 on harmony-central.com

Speaking of Carbon111, if you haven't visited his serge pages yet, definitely check them out.

http://www.carbon111.com/serge_index.html
bartlebooth
thanks felix, I've been to carbon111's site - in fact, I believe I've visited every Serge-related site on the web (more than once, too). I did want to ask what kind of case that blue fun station is built into? What kind of mods were required ( if any)? I definitely would like my Serge to be portable so I could use it live., I'm still holding out hope for the buchla-boat clone project over on the Serge yahoo group, too.
amnesia
Yes what is the deal with the Buchla case rip? I have heard nothing since the guy showed us the amazing work..
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1