MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

4 modules
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard  
Author 4 modules
sandyb
i figure now is probably the time to try to get a few wiard modules. i can only afford 4 :neutral:
i'm looking for a pretty much self contained system that i don't have to patch up to my other modulars (although i obviously will do this as well). i guess my music (for those fortunate enough not to have heard it) is more towards the drone/bug/ambient end of things.
so far i've come up with:
wogglebug
dual borg filter/lpg
classic vco
these three are definite

and fourth will probably be an envelator - i wasn't sure whether it should be this or a mixolator but it seems that vca duties would be adequately handled by the first three modules

any comments/alternative suggestions on this mix of modules?

sandy
Roycie Roller
Hey sandy,
are you planning on getting the Modcan Quad Envelope? And can the CV recorder be used for envelope shapes? Would either/or cover the Envelator's functions? (although you mentioned that it was self-contained).
The Classic VCO has an A/R envelope. I think a mixolator would be more useful, because it means you can really work on the sound, and because you are working on drones, maybe the 2 chaotic functions of the Wogglebug & Envelator would be a bit much in a 4 module setup?
I reckon you could get some really nice timbres and sounds with the VCO, Wogglebug tones & ringmod, LPG LowPass, BandPass, HighPass, Mixolator mixing, crossfade & ringmod. I think the Mixolator would take the sounds in more places...but i could be wrong.
Muff Wiggler
if i had to get four, i think my plan would be -

wogglebug
classic vco
envelator
sequantizer

then i would try my hardest to pick up borg, boogie and miniwave in the frac format, used or whatever.... but much more likely to find than 300-series modules

that sequantizer is so tasty looking hyper
sandyb
ah - having thought i'd made my mind up i now have to rethink. some good points about the mixolator roycie. muff - i have a euro format miniwave - i'd originally gone for the waveform city before realising this fact d'oh! although i think the classic vco would give me more options in a small system like this.
thanks for the ideas

sandy
JohnLRice
Are all Wogglebugs created equally? I just noticed this on Ebay FWIW:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110326069910

And this seller has a lot of CGS and other DIY stuff too. I'm not interested in the Wogglebug board so don't worry about bid-battling me! hihi
sandyb
JohnLRice wrote:
Are all Wogglebugs created equally? I just noticed this on Ebay FWIW:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110326069910

And this seller has a lot of CGS and other DIY stuff too. I'm not interested in the Wogglebug board so don't worry about bid-battling me! hihi

thanks john. these boards are the slightly earlier version wogglebugs. i have two of them sitting waiting for me to get around to building them for my 5U and Euro systems. afaik the one from wiard is a later revision with a few extras.
revmutt
For a "different" sounding instrument: Wogglebug, Envelator, Waveform City and a Borg.
Kwote
if nothing else the filters are a must. there's no other filter i've heard that sounds and feels like wiard.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard  
Page 1 of 1